Used 1996 Lexus ES 300 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Lexus Es-300 - Consumer Reviews

1996 Lexus ES 300 Sedan

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Most Helpful|
modifications ruin the car :/
By treek336

1996 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

i got the car 2 years ago, with no modifications on, so i start by the normal , stereo, speakers, but this last year i ruined the car, i install a amp 2 subs nd the consequences the battery is dead everytime i start it up, next i heated the springs to lower the car, yes the car is lower nd looks cool, but the problem is is unconformable to ride on, next on a drag race something happend to the engine, nd now the check engine light is on all the time, the car smokes from the exhaust a lot !

Reliability is out of this world
By adam2009m

1996 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Everyone thought I was stupid when I decided to drive this car from Chicago to Miami when it had 328K miles on it. I had 0 incidents during my round trip of over 3500 miles. Enough said, the best car ever built in my opinion.. I have more confidence in this car than driving a brand new car from any manufacturer. I change my oil every 5000 miles and it has a minor oil leak which I decided isn't worth fixing. I just top it off and it has been like that for couple years now. I bought this car used with 254k for 1700. I have already put 100k on it lol. I definitely got my money's worth.

Favorite Features

Exterior is sleek, Interior is very luxurious and upscale. I can't think of one think I don't like about this car.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish they still built this car. I would buy it again. It is worth every penny.

The best car i ever had
By hugo

1996 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is the best I got it from a good friend of my, at first I was worry but now I have had this car for at least 3 years and the only thing I have ever done is oil change and nothing else this car is the best car ever. The best purchase ever.

Favorite Features

i love everything about it

Suggested Improvements

the back seat doesn't fall down..

My daughter loved this car!!
By slooper3

1996 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car from a auction for my daughter and it has been a wonderful car for her. She loves this car and I told her recently to change the oil in it and she took it to get changed. It started to run bad ever since. Since we changed the oil more problems have developed. Now it is sitting in the yard :( Wonderful car!!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, comfortable, great radio, automatic, great sporty looking

Suggested Improvements

overheats runs hot

OMG
By troy124

1996 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My girlfriend bought this car with 100,000 miles on it and it now has about 130,000 miles and runs like a champ. I'm pretty rough on cars/ Love to go fast/ and this car is awesome. Great on gas drives smooth and we never have any problem's with it. The car is worth about 4 to 5 thousand and in saying that I don't think I would find a car like this good for the same price. I'm shocked at how well it run seeing it is a 96 and has over 100,000 miles on it but I must say this car is super great, don't think we are getting rid of it until the wheels fall off. I would take this 96 lexus over these new 2010 american cars anyday.

Favorite Features

ECT is great and overdrive is even better.