1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )
1995 lexus es 300 the best car i ever bought
By rickybig on 04/11/13 00:39 AM (PDT)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Hello everyone i bought my car in october 31st 1995 i drove off lot with 136 miles on my car today at time of this writing i have 287,000 on this car 04-11-2013 ,This car has been awesome it still looks great all the nobs still on the car the engine is very quite and the car is still nice and solid. i am proud of my car i have taken care of it and it has taken care of me .When i go to resturants i let valets park it with the super new cars yeah baby it still commans that kind of respect from me and others who may park my car.i am 64 years young so i have in my life bought other american cars ,brf they have all broke down before there time . This car still has original every thing 1995 lexus

Running at 193,300 mi
By Diane on 09/01/09 00:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car in 1998 with 40k miles. Still run great at 193,300 mi. No leaks or rattle w/ sunroof. Paint still shiny from many drive thru car washes. 1/3 of the front engine replaced due to my accident, but runs without problems. Get the recommended tires to run smooth. The antenna mast just replaced, too. The odometer, oil needles are flickering out, was previously replaced at 99k mi with warranty, the 2nd time its happening at 193K mi no warranty left not sure if I want to spend $1000+. There are no oil leaks, still use Toyota for major repairs and Sears for oil changes. Noisy air leaks near lower corner of driver window & mirror, but still a good car with the many miles. No bad blind spot.

Excellent performance!
By Don on 01/22/09 13:07 PM (PST)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 90,000 miles in 2008. Previously it had the entire exhaust replaced and the transmission replaced. I need to get the struts and strut mounts replaced. Very expensive job. It bangs when going over the smallest bumps. I owned a 91 Camry with 140k miles and never had suspension issues. Also had to replace the main power window switch assy. These seem to break easily. The antenna motor doesn't work anymore. I just unplugged it so it stays up. The heated seats don't seem to perform so well anymore. But the car runs and goes great and was a great buy. It has better sound proofing than the Camry. I'd rather spend the same amount of money on an older Lexus than a newer Camry.

My '95 Lexus ES 300
By Eddie C. on 11/13/08 09:44 AM (PST)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've been wanting a Lexus ES 300 for a while and finally got one. These cars are great and drive like an absolute dream! Extremely quiet, too. They are based on the Toyota Camry and share engines & some parts. My ES 300 had 130k when I bought it and has been kept up pretty well. Typical mechanical issues with it have been a slow leak in the A/C, and I think a minor oil leak. Also the power antenna motor needed replacement. Cosmetically these ES 300s are notorious for having the lights in the instrument cluster burn out, making it hard (and impossible at night) to see certain gauges. Also the air vents are easily breakable, so be gentle when adjusting them. Still, a wonderful car!

I love this thing!
By M.G. on 03/05/08 19:03 PM (PST)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is an absolute beauty. It was my mom's car, then she bought a newer one, but I don't think that it can even compare. This car is great, it can pretty much beat anyone with its pep and great handling. It responds great. With 180,000 miles, repairs are imminent, but if lexus parts are too expensive, go with toyota, they have the same parts at half the price. I really don't think that I could get a better car than this one, if you are looking at one, I suggest you do more than look!

Reliable and Rust Free Great CAR
By Ari A on 01/02/08 18:19 PM (PST)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 111k miles taking a big chance since I have had bad luck with American cars after 100k. Im very glad to have taken a chance. After my tuneup I get 20 mpg in city and 27-28mpg in hwy. Good ride, comfortable, quiet, rattle free,very shiny paint (and I live in the winter salted Illinois). The repairs can be pricey and I wonder if Toyota would service. The car has been great however and it runs so well and handles long trips well and comfortably. I love this car and cannot find a good reason to ever sell it. Now it has almost 138k miles and it continues to perform very well. I recommend this car to anyone who wants reliable luxury for cheap used.

Love my Lex
By RKEYES on 09/06/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Never had any problems with it and it had 149 thou on the dash. I just change the oil, brakes, regular maintenance.

Still Solid
By DR on 08/07/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Speedometer needle is starting to dim, other than that the only issue is the antenna stays up, the motor is worn out. Pretty good for a '95 in 2007 that has 162,000 miles on it. It drives like it has 32,000 miles on it. Great second car.

236K miles still runs!
By Alex on 02/12/06 13:50 PM (PST)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is a tank.. nothing will take it down... Rarely change the oil, and it still runs great. I bought this car with 170K miles, its close to 240K. Sure the dashboard lights are going out, but I have never had a car that runs as smooth. Still looks somewhat stylish as well. Can't go wrong with the Lexus guys.

Better in warm weather
By Blake on 12/05/05 18:29 PM (PST)

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed my Lexus for the last year and a half, and have found it really reliable. I have found some problems although minor are still annoying. 1st is the door clip falling off so that you can not open the door from the outside until you pay 150$ to fix it. 2nd If you live where it gets cold and snows the door does not like to open because the window seems to get stuck being that there is no frame. Also some of my dashboard lights are beginning to burn out which seems to be a problem for ALL older Lexus cars. If you keep it in the garage all the time This would be the perfect reliable used car.