Used 1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

1995 lexus es 300 the best car i ever bought
By rickybig

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Hello everyone i bought my car in october 31st 1995 i drove off lot with 136 miles on my car today at time of this writing i have 287,000 on this car 04-11-2013 ,This car has been awesome it still looks great all the nobs still on the car the engine is very quite and the car is still nice and solid. i am proud of my car i have taken care of it and it has taken care of me .When i go to resturants i let valets park it with the super new cars yeah baby it still commans that kind of respect from me and others who may park my car.i am 64 years young so i have in my life bought other american cars ,brf they have all broke down before there time . This car still has original every thing 1995 lexus

Running at 193,300 mi
By Diane

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car in 1998 with 40k miles. Still run great at 193,300 mi. No leaks or rattle w/ sunroof. Paint still shiny from many drive thru car washes. 1/3 of the front engine replaced due to my accident, but runs without problems. Get the recommended tires to run smooth. The antenna mast just replaced, too. The odometer, oil needles are flickering out, was previously replaced at 99k mi with warranty, the 2nd time its happening at 193K mi no warranty left not sure if I want to spend $1000+. There are no oil leaks, still use Toyota for major repairs and Sears for oil changes. Noisy air leaks near lower corner of driver window & mirror, but still a good car with the many miles. No bad blind spot.

I like the 2 electric seats. Large trunk. The body style is classic and does not look old. Good electric sunroof, no leaks or rattles. No bad blind spot easy to drive. Ample bright rear lights, steer Engine still sound powerful, servicemen at Toyota said car in good shape can be driven way into 200k.

Back trunk too high, need opening lowered. Leather seats are too hot. Need more adjustment for front headrest.

Excellent performance!
By Don

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 90,000 miles in 2008. Previously it had the entire exhaust replaced and the transmission replaced. I need to get the struts and strut mounts replaced. Very expensive job. It bangs when going over the smallest bumps. I owned a 91 Camry with 140k miles and never had suspension issues. Also had to replace the main power window switch assy. These seem to break easily. The antenna motor doesn't work anymore. I just unplugged it so it stays up. The heated seats don't seem to perform so well anymore. But the car runs and goes great and was a great buy. It has better sound proofing than the Camry. I'd rather spend the same amount of money on an older Lexus than a newer Camry.

This car is designed well. No rust or rot. It rides and performs great with the exception of needing struts and bushings.

Leather is too hot in the summer and too cold in winter. Cloth not available. The fresh air vent seems to pull in a lot of outside fumes. Rear light bulb accessibility is poor. No change holder. Driver's visor doesn't stay up. Don't loose your keys! big bucks to replace or even to have spares made.

My '95 Lexus ES 300
By Eddie C.

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've been wanting a Lexus ES 300 for a while and finally got one. These cars are great and drive like an absolute dream! Extremely quiet, too. They are based on the Toyota Camry and share engines & some parts. My ES 300 had 130k when I bought it and has been kept up pretty well. Typical mechanical issues with it have been a slow leak in the A/C, and I think a minor oil leak. Also the power antenna motor needed replacement. Cosmetically these ES 300s are notorious for having the lights in the instrument cluster burn out, making it hard (and impossible at night) to see certain gauges. Also the air vents are easily breakable, so be gentle when adjusting them. Still, a wonderful car!

The way it drives, comfort, quietness & smoothness, the electroluminescent gauges (when working), styling inside and out, Lexus prestige.

Dashboard lights should have been made differently to last longer. A lot of things in this car seem very compact for its size and class, i.e. the center air conditioning vents. The radio and A/C knobs are identical and next to each other, making it confusing at times to operate them. That's about it.

I love this thing!
By M.G.

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is an absolute beauty. It was my mom's car, then she bought a newer one, but I don't think that it can even compare. This car is great, it can pretty much beat anyone with its pep and great handling. It responds great. With 180,000 miles, repairs are imminent, but if lexus parts are too expensive, go with toyota, they have the same parts at half the price. I really don't think that I could get a better car than this one, if you are looking at one, I suggest you do more than look!

The pep is great, you step on it and she goes, her overdrive is great for highway and the extra power setting is even better. You can literally place this car anywhere, it is very maneuverable. Its comfortable, quiet, smooth, and looks great!

A coin holder would be nice, but the door handles and beneath the e-brake work fine.