Used 1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

Love it
By C

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and I have had it for 2 years plus. I got it to thinking it was ugly and the worst car, but really got use to it, and now I can't get rid of it! It has never let me down. It has leather seats that are comfy. I put 70,000 miles on it since and never failed with proper maintenance this car will be right for you.

21 year old Lexus ES300
By Noah Diamond

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My vehicle was assembled in December, 1994, making it 21 years old as I write this. The car is fantastic. My grandmother owns a 2014 Toyota Camry, and although they have improved the size of the car, the older Camry and Lexus feel more solid and better built. I got my car for $2500 and I have put money into it to get it into good driving condition with tires, struts, alignments, etc. Nothing major was done on the car.

This video has me speaking with some slightly colorful language, but this video will show how well the engine is controlling vibration and noise today.

It's a great car, and I am happy with it. With over 111K miles, it still feels like a new car most of the time. Sometimes it shifts a tiny bit firm when it first starts up, but in 5 miles of driving the fluid heats up and it is shifting like it was when it was new.

My step father used to own the exact same year make and model car. It was great then, and great now.

1995 lexus es 300 the best car i ever bought
By rickybig

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Hello everyone i bought my car in october 31st 1995 i drove off lot with 136 miles on my car today at time of this writing i have 287,000 on this car 04-11-2013 ,This car has been awesome it still looks great all the nobs still on the car the engine is very quite and the car is still nice and solid. i am proud of my car i have taken care of it and it has taken care of me .When i go to resturants i let valets park it with the super new cars yeah baby it still commans that kind of respect from me and others who may park my car.i am 64 years young so i have in my life bought other american cars ,brf
they have all broke down before there time . This car still has original every thing 1995 lexus

Running at 193,300 mi
By Diane

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car in 1998 with 40k miles. Still run great at 193,300 mi. No leaks or rattle w/ sunroof. Paint still shiny from many drive thru car washes. 1/3 of the front engine replaced due to my accident, but runs without problems. Get the recommended tires to run smooth. The antenna mast just replaced, too. The odometer, oil needles are flickering out, was previously replaced at 99k mi with warranty, the 2nd time its happening at 193K mi no warranty left not sure if I want to spend $1000+. There are no oil leaks, still use Toyota for major repairs and Sears for oil changes. Noisy air leaks near lower corner of driver window & mirror, but still a good car with the many miles. No bad blind spot.

I like the 2 electric seats. Large trunk. The body style is classic and does not look old. Good electric sunroof, no leaks or rattles. No bad blind spot easy to drive. Ample bright rear lights, steer Engine still sound powerful, servicemen at Toyota said car in good shape can be driven way into 200k.

Back trunk too high, need opening lowered. Leather seats are too hot. Need more adjustment for front headrest.

Excellent performance!
By Don

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 90,000 miles in 2008. Previously it had the entire exhaust replaced and the transmission replaced. I need to get the struts and strut mounts replaced. Very expensive job. It bangs when going over the smallest bumps. I owned a 91 Camry with 140k miles and never had suspension issues. Also had to replace the main power window switch assy. These seem to break easily. The antenna motor doesn't work anymore. I just unplugged it so it stays up. The heated seats don't seem to perform so well anymore. But the car runs and goes great and was a great buy. It has better sound proofing than the Camry. I'd rather spend the same amount of money on an older Lexus than a newer Camry.

This car is designed well. No rust or rot. It rides and performs great with the exception of needing struts and bushings.

Leather is too hot in the summer and too cold in winter. Cloth not available. The fresh air vent seems to pull in a lot of outside fumes. Rear light bulb accessibility is poor. No change holder. Driver's visor doesn't stay up. Don't loose your keys! big bucks to replace or even to have spares made.