Used 1995 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Lexus Es-300 - Consumer Reviews

1995 Lexus ES 300

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

Excellent performance!
By Don

1995 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 90,000 miles in 2008. Previously it had the entire exhaust replaced and the transmission replaced. I need to get the struts and strut mounts replaced. Very expensive job. It bangs when going over the smallest bumps. I owned a 91 Camry with 140k miles and never had suspension issues. Also had to replace the main power window switch assy. These seem to break easily. The antenna motor doesn't work anymore. I just unplugged it so it stays up. The heated seats don't seem to perform so well anymore. But the car runs and goes great and was a great buy. It has better sound proofing than the Camry. I'd rather spend the same amount of money on an older Lexus than a newer Camry.

Favorite Features

This car is designed well. No rust or rot. It rides and performs great with the exception of needing struts and bushings.

Suggested Improvements

Leather is too hot in the summer and too cold in winter. Cloth not available. The fresh air vent seems to pull in a lot of outside fumes. Rear light bulb accessibility is poor. No change holder. Driver's visor doesn't stay up. Don't loose your keys! big bucks to replace or even to have spares made.

great used car
By Briansing

1995 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Runs great. don't know if anyone else has had these problems: lexus symbols, were gold now faded. dash board lights don't all work and sometimes the parking brake light comes on eventhough its clearly not on. paint is chipping and just saw my first sign of rust

My 1995 Lexus ES300
By dale b

1995 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased the vehicle used with 55000 miles on it. It has never stopped impressing me with its reliability and quiet, smooth ride. All of the systems have performed perfectly except the sound system. The dealer recently replaced the amplifier and two speakers at no cost. I am impressed with the service at the Lexus dealer. The interior is very handsome. I cannot imagine ever getting rid of this car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the 3.0L 200 HP engine and its performance.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a more reliable sound system. I would also like a more substantial lumbar support.

Lemon
By JOTTOW

1995 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Poor reliabilty and high cost parts and service. I only have 25,000 miles and the car is falling apart. I have owned over 20 cars and have never had as many problems as I do with this car. To fix anything is atrocious. Example lost a spring on cup holder and have to by whole unit for $500. If you buy on sell before warranty runs out.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Lower cost for service and replacement parts.

Lexus ES300
By Nate

1995 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Getting to drive a lexus is quite the experience. With smooth turning and speedy acceleration, this sedan does not only pack the punch, it packs the comfort. The es has a wonderful soundsystem as well as an exquisite leather interior. The power of the 200hp V6 engine drives this automobile with the tap of the gas. The only problem is trying to catch your breath

Favorite Features

My favorite features of this years ES has to be the resonsive suspension system and the soundsystem.

Suggested Improvements

When you look at this years Es, there is nothing too appealing about it. The exterior looks just like previous years. THe only difference is the taillights. Also, I would like to see a little more facy insturemnt pannels as well as better safety features like a navagation system and side airbags.