It's nothin that can't be fixed...
By Trevor on
1994 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan
My parents bought a 1994 ES300 last year from my boss, who owned it for ten years. He had never had a problem with it until the week before we bought it and he had to put a new radiator and water pump. Since then we have put a new alternator, battery, and a few other things in it, and the trasmission has a problem waking up in the mornings. It's still a great car, though. It went from GA to OH three times in two months and gave no problems whatsoever. I still like it, and so does my mom.
Favorite Features
My fav feature is the little L in the grill on the hood.... and a strong A/C and heater
Suggested Improvements
The tall people need some more foot room in the back... that's all
By lexusdude1
on 06/14/13 10:42 AM (PDT)

The trouble you mention about the transmission waking up in the morning! There is a feature that is normal for the transmission to not shift to 3rd gear when it is cold. It will however shift when speed gets to 35 or 40 MPH. It is a warm up feature to get fluids and engine to temp before shifting. It is best to take is slow the first mile or so, or let it warm for a minuet before your drive. Hopefully the freeway ramp is not at the end of your driveway. But it will shift if you accelerate hard or to above 40MPH. I have had my, purchased used in 2002 1994 ES300 and it is still a good driving riding car. Have had some minor things like alternator, Y pipe, muffler..I think most problems I have had were due to it being up north and salt damage has started to show up on the body.