1993 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (23 reviews )
Great Little Car
By Ben S. on 07/21/05 12:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in July of 1993 and it has proven a fantastic performer ever since. One hiccup came in '97 when we had to replace the engine. Thankfully, it was still under warranty! Overall, very mechanically sound as well as very fun to drive. Great car!

Little problems
By Chris on 03/22/05 12:49 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 78,000 miles. It now has 100,000. When we got it, there were no problems. Soon afterwards, we had to get a new radiator and front end struts. The hood shock absorbers/hinges don't work, so we have to prop up the hood when repairing. The radio antenna stays up and doesn't retract, the timing belt is worn out and now the front end struts are loose again. Also, some of the instrument cluster lights are burned out. It looks like the previous owner didn't take very good care of the car. If it was taken care of properly, I bet it would be a wonderful car. Also, the engine leaks oil, about 1 quart every 5000 miles.

Good used car ($'s for repair)
By Prime37 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 181,000 miles for $3,000 from an Ebay auction. I've invested another $2,000 into mechanical repairs (pwr steer, fuel sys., brakes, fluids, instrument cluster, tune up, various lights and cd cart). I thought I was getting a deal when I bought this car but the repair costs have made me reconsider whether this was a good purchase at all. The exterior/interior have been maintained very well. The paint looks very good for the age. The car has an exceptional ride and delivers alot of performance for a car with this mileage and age. Cons are the high price for repair and the customer service at the dealership is very poor.

What an awsome veicle
By John Lower on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I love this car. The best auto I have ever owned. This is not a car it's a machine. If you can afford one-buy it.

You get what you pay for!
By sambuca on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

What a vehichle! My car has 101k and it rides and drives like there is half that! I love it, just be sure that you can afford to fix it if something ever goes wrong.

Nice
By Lexus Ryda on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I really love this car, I wish it only had more things to make it a faster car aftermarket wise. But thats what you get when you buy a 4 door luxury car. The only reason I want to ell it is because I need a 2 door sports car, end of story. but if thast not your boat, this is. Quick V6 and gentle trany.

Excellent Lexus
By Rehan on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

When my dad had bought this car, he had got it custoed ordered. Instead of a 2- tone body he got a one tone. The color was burgandy. We got it fully loaded with all the options. Later on in 97' when the new ES came out we decided to give the car a face lift. So we went ahead and changed the old OEM wheels to the 1997 LEXUS ES300 wheels. MY dad has given the car to me and i love it. The paint looks new and the car drives smoothly. I say I have one rare car. Plus I have black interior :). And a 131,000 miles is nothin for this car.

A Classic Beauty
By Dean Herman on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

We bought this pearl white Lexus new and have had very little repair necessary, and even that was just recently after over 85,000. My wife is the primary driver and she loves the car. We have ordered a new MB E-class, but it was all I could do to get her to agree to a change. Unfortunately, we feel they have ruined the ES300 with this year's design changes - otherwise, we would have bought another one.

Very reliable with luxury features
By Wei Bin Teah on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Fantastic Car. With a mileage of 126000, the car is still running smoothly without ANY problems. It was imported directly from Japan! The electronic system is very practical and useful. Lexus = Luxury & Reliable

Lexus Quality?
By dh on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because of the Lexus reputation for quality. In the year I have owned it: - I had water in the headlight due to a bad seal - The power antenna stopped working. - The hood doesn't stay open. - The side window just dropped into the door one rainy day. - I have an idiot light that flickers on and off. Nitpick - You can't fit an aftermarket stereo in it without cheesy looking adapters. The factory CD player is $1500. Please. It's cheaper to manufacture a CD player; put the better, cheaper solution in EVERY car. Certainly no major problems, but enough little things to question the Lexus reputation...