1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (23 reviews )
good little lex
By itsavanman on 10/22/11 16:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

i got this manual transmission 93 es300 with 170000 miles on it and it still ran great the owner before me replaced the clutch and thats it.now it has 256000 miles on it and still runs great the paint is still perfect leather is cracked some but not much the key fob quit working for the locks and the antenna just stays up all the time now..alls i do is change the oil and i just put new brakes on it other than that its a great car.....i am going to upgrade to a 400 next time though maybe a gs something still 4 door with a v8 although i will miss that my es300 gets 31 miles to the gallon on the highway which people tell me is above average i think it has to do with the manual transmission..

What a car!
By OneBadLexus on 06/28/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

After having transmission problems on my 1985 Mazda 626 LX, I purchased my 1993 Lexus ES300. Excellent car for the price. had 132k when I bought it. Now has 164k+. Nothing major has needed to be replaced. I burnt out the alternator with a subwoofer, but that was a dumb on my part. Long lasting parts, and a smooth, comfortable ride.

good and bad
By owner on 03/02/10 19:05 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

When my favorite Maxima got stolen I purchased this car with 63k from a friend who owned it only for 2 months, because of the Lexus reputation for quality. It now has 170k. When I got it, there were no problems. Soon I had to put a new radiator, waterpump, timing belt,fuel injectors. Shocks broken, engine leaks oil/overheat, water in the rearlight, the power radio stays up and doesn't retract, and not working long time ago. The hood doesn't stay open/hinges don't work, and A/C doesn't work in humid/rainy days,some of the instrument cluster lights are burned out, the truck needs to open with the key… LOT of issues/little things keep me wonder what's happened to the Lexus quality...

Endless reliability!!!
By Lexus owner 4 life! on 02/10/10 08:33 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I traded my '93 V-6 Camry in on a '93 Lexus ES300 and have been very happy with it. The ride is super quiet and smooth and feels as if I'm in a newer car!! The suspension is nice and soft and absorbs bumps without any harsh ride. It has 153k miles (only 152k at trade-in time)and you'd never know it. It does need some fixes, but does not in any way interfere with the reliability or drivability. Needed repairs: 2 cv axles, new exhaust flexpipe, valve cover gasket and power steering and alternator belts. Possibly new tie rod ends, due to loose, sloppy steering and too much freeplay. These engines never die and can go to 400K with NO problems!!

Delighted Lexus owner!!
By Anonymous on 01/20/10 17:00 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my "Lexi" one month ago and couldn't be happier with this car! She does have 153k miles on her but with on-time, routine maintenance, these cars will run/last a VERY long time. The comfort is great, spacious interior, FAST engine and endless reliability! I feel like I'm riding on a cloud, it's so smooth! Beautiful car in & out and VERY highly recommended to anyone!!

Reliable Luxury!
By kris2bgood on 01/17/10 11:51 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Lexi last Dec. 11, with 152k miles on her and it was an even trade for my V-6 (TRASH!!) '9s Toyota Camry!!! She needed a new alternator ($288, including labor charges) and my next few fixes are valve cover gasket, wheel bearing on driver side (not sure front or back), replacement fog lights, and new p-steering and alternator belt, which are slightly loose. She has a beautiful quiet motor and a serene, tranquil ride. I'd like to give her a good 4 wheel balance soon. Sadly, the previous owner did NOT take good care of her, so I'm cleaning up their mistakes!! Highly recommended for superior reliability and performance!! I'll NEVER part with her! (Unless the wheels fall off!)

1993 Lexus ES 300
By Victor Bennett on 08/08/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

If Toyota has a new model of this car I would like to purchase it. Or if anyone else has it. That should tell you what I think of this car. I am 81 years old, and no vehicle I ever owned in my life remotely compares to this vehicle. All it needed was maintenance according to the owners manual.

Great Vehicle
By Mitchel on 05/06/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I really like this car. Beautiful interior, and very nice exterior, great ride, works great!

Tell the truth
By Woody on 04/01/07 05:13 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

So far I have had to replace the engine (after e warranty $6600). Oil leak ($600.00). Another oil leak ($800.00). Brakes ($700.00). Annual maintenance ($500.00). I purchased this car used in 1995, and have had my wallet opened every year since then.

Great car
By J Milburn on 10/09/06 11:53 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This Lexus ES300 has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. It is a joy to drive and is incredibly well designed. I can't say enough about the reliability.