Used 1993 Lexus ES 300 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (23 reviews )

good little lex
By itsavanman

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

i got this manual transmission 93 es300 with 170000 miles on it and it still ran great the owner before me replaced the clutch and thats it.now it has 256000 miles on it and still runs great the paint is still perfect leather is cracked some but not much the key fob quit working for the locks and the antenna just stays up all the time now..alls i do is change the oil and i just put new brakes on it other than that its a great car.....i am going to upgrade to a 400 next time though maybe a gs something still 4 door with a v8 although i will miss that my es300 gets 31 miles to the gallon on the highway which people tell me is above average i think it has to do with the manual transmission..

What a car!
By OneBadLexus

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

After having transmission problems on my 1985 Mazda 626 LX, I purchased my 1993 Lexus ES300. Excellent car for the price. had 132k when I bought it. Now has 164k+. Nothing major has needed to be replaced. I burnt out the alternator with a subwoofer, but that was a dumb on my part. Long lasting parts, and a smooth, comfortable ride.

The 6 disc cd changer, the exterior sport car look. a mean machine with the power and the gas mileage

different lighting on instrument cluster

good and bad
By owner

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

When my favorite Maxima got stolen I purchased this car with 63k from a friend who owned it only for 2 months, because of the Lexus reputation for quality. It now has 170k. When I got it, there were no problems. Soon I had to put a new radiator, waterpump, timing belt,fuel injectors. Shocks broken, engine leaks oil/overheat, water in the rearlight, the power radio stays up and doesn't retract, and not working long time ago. The hood doesn't stay open/hinges don't work, and A/C doesn't work in humid/rainy days,some of the instrument cluster lights are burned out, the truck needs to open with the key… LOT of issues/little things keep me wonder what's happened to the Lexus quality...

The exterior and interior looks awesome even 17 years later, comfort, plenty of style, and a powerful V6 DOHC engine

quality needs improvement

Endless reliability!!!
By Lexus owner 4 life!

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I traded my '93 V-6 Camry in on a '93 Lexus ES300 and have been very happy with it. The ride is super quiet and smooth and feels as if I'm in a newer car!! The suspension is nice and soft and absorbs bumps without any harsh ride. It has 153k miles (only 152k at trade-in time)and you'd never know it. It does need some fixes, but does not in any way interfere with the reliability or drivability. Needed repairs: 2 cv axles, new exhaust flexpipe, valve cover gasket and power steering and alternator belts. Possibly new tie rod ends, due to loose, sloppy steering and too much freeplay. These engines never die and can go to 400K with NO problems!!

Moonoof. heated seats, power, reliability, quiet engine, beautiful exterior & interior style and superior comfort, lots of features, excellent handling on corners/turns.

Make longer-lasting heated seat on passenger side, automatic trans. is a bit jerky/rough from park to reverse,install factory cd player and the handling on snowy roads is ATROCIOUS!! LOWER repair parts cost! WAY TOO expensive to fix these cars, which leads owners to neglected maintenance!!!

Delighted Lexus owner!!
By Anonymous

1993 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my "Lexi" one month ago and couldn't be happier with this car! She does have 153k miles on her but with on-time, routine maintenance, these cars will run/last a VERY long time. The comfort is great, spacious interior, FAST engine and endless reliability! I feel like I'm riding on a cloud, it's so smooth! Beautiful car in & out and VERY highly recommended to anyone!!

Comfort, reliability, exterior (gorgeous)design, trunk and interior room, soft ride, power, two-tone paint, power moonroof and BULLET-proof motor!

Make the wheel bearings and valve cover gaskets last longer and install cupholders that actually HOLD the cup!! The inner plastic piece broke off-BOTH sides! Defroster (rear) takes forever to work, temp. gauge never goes in the "cold" area- always stays in the middle!! Dash lights wear out too fast.