1992 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (0 review )
quick notes
By Paul Orrson on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

owned from 90k to 140k 1997 to april '04, sold today for $4450 but wanted to pay homage. catal converter failed last year. replaced motor mounts to pass inspection for sale. pwr antenna broke at 100k and one window had to be reset in track last yr.. otherwise all maintenance has been routine. best car i ever owned!

good deal
By charese on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car for only $6,000 with low miles. What an exceptional car? It drives smoothly, handles the road well, and it hugs you just like it was meant for you!

ES300 PURSUIT OF PERFECTION
By hagoo on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

excellent vehicle. highly recommended! probably the best used car you could buy.

228,500+ miles and still going
By Larry Parker on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I gambled on Toyota's reliability when I bought this car with 192,000 miles on it. Now my ES 300 has 228,500 miles on it and it still runs well.

Awesome Car!
By Lexus Lover on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

This is now the second used car that I have purchased. My first car was a Mazda, and within the first year of driving it, I had spent over $2000 CDN in repairs! The ES300 on the other hand has not given me any major problems at all for the year that I have owned it. All that I have had to fix was a leak in the exhaust ($50) and a dead battery ($60). This vehicle has the same engine as the Camry of the same year, so repairs should not be too expensive and used parts should be easy to come by. Overall, it is an awesome car!

My ES300
By Yonze on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at 60000 miles "as new" from a friend who had kept it in cotton wool - washed at dealer's every week; detailed several times a year, timing belt just done, etc etc. Great car, reliable, quiet and comfortable. Nothing gone wrong since except an oil leak from where the filter fits which created smoke and nasty smells. Easily and cheaply fixed.

Brought from Private Party
By Tai on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I brought my car from a first owner and all work done at the dealer. The car runs smooth and sound quality is great. The three mid-size people I carpool with sits decently comfortable better than the beat-up Mercury Tracer station wagon that felt cramped and could bearly make it up the steep mountain to get out of town. The car is very powerful, but a gas guzzer. The cheapest gas price in N. Cal's area near me is $1.70 a gallon. I do love driving the car, but the cost of maintanence is costly even when it's not being done at the dealer. It costed me almost $400 to change the timing belt.

Damn Great Ride
By Jukin J on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever owned including Mercedes and BMW. I'll buy one again ... no problem.

Lexus proves itself with the '92 ES300!
By Harold on 02/27/02 13:37 PM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Excellent vehicle, the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and my ES has close to 200,000 miles! I'd quickly buy another even with over 100,000 miles. Maybe 150,000 miles!

Excellent car!
By Susie on 02/05/02 21:27 PM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

This is my second used Lexus vehicle. This one has 140,000+ miles and is perfect! No complaints at all!