Used 1991 Lexus ES 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Lexus Es-250 - Consumer Reviews

1991 Lexus ES 250

Base 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

Most Helpful|
GREAT CAR
By MICHAEL PITLUK

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

I LOVE THIS CAR. I HAVE HAD IT FOREVER AND THE THING KEEPS GOING. THERE HAVE BEEN TO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS WITH MY CAR SINCE I HAVE BOUGHT IT. I LOVE THIS CAR.

Suggested Improvements

BETTER EXTERIOR DESIGN

bad 250 es
By EDC64

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

This car is very poorly made,I have had nothing but trouble . Every fluid leaks badly,so many rattles I came to terms with "just turn up the radio" I have tried to fix these problems but can not fix all that is wrong with it ,@ apoint it is not worth it because of limited value of the car. I will not buy a lexus again !!!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

consider more quility in product.

Poor re-sale value
By Adi

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

I bought this Lexus as a 5-speed when it had covered 154K miles. Since then I have loads of problems with oil leaks, failed A/C in the heat of summer, front suspension had to redone, the wipe/wash system does not work and the central locking mechanism goes out of order very often. What a bad Lexus experience! When I can afford it I will buy a Honda Accord rather then waist money on a Lexus. Also, the resale value is very poor for this car, which I have learnt to my dismay.

Favorite Features

The favorite feature of this car is the excellent Stereo system. Front fog lights are a great feature here in Central Valley California, but why they did not endow the car with rear fog lights escapes me.

Suggested Improvements

Lexus could improve reliability of their car, especially when mechanics cahrge a bomb for repairs. If Honda can build reliable and trouble-free cars at half the cost, when can't Lexus?

Good Car
By tizzaylor

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a couple of years. I has run great and it is an inexpensive car to buy

Suggested Improvements

They tend to rust above the wheel wells.

Well Built Vehicle
By jp3558

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

This is a well built vehicle! It's 12 years old and still rides like its new. Performance and comfort go hand in hand with the Lexus ES250. The interior is well crafted and tight. The exterior has some minor rust at the rear wheel wells but is easily repairable. About the only thing wrong with the vehicle is the engine compartment. It is very tight and difficult to perform the most minor of tasks.

Favorite Features

Interior design. Engine and steering response. Good gas milage (26 MPG) highway.

Suggested Improvements

Engine compartment. Still haven't figured out how to change back spark plugs!