Used 1991 Lexus ES 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Lexus Es-250 - Consumer Reviews

1991 Lexus ES 250

Base 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

PERFORMANCE UPGRADES
By NHSLEXUS

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR FOR A WHILE IT NEEDED SOME AVERAGE REAPIRS. TUNE UP AND TIRES WAS A MUST. PERFORMANCE UPGRADES INCLUDE A CUSTOM EXUAST AND AIRINTAKE AND THIS BABY NEVER NEEDS GAS I GO FOR 2 AND A HALF WEEKS ON THE SAME TANK OF FUEL.I LOVE THIS CAR AND WILL KEEP IT FOREVER

Good Car
By tizzaylor

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a couple of years. I has run great and it is an inexpensive car to buy

Suggested Improvements

They tend to rust above the wheel wells.

Awesome car, time for me to move on...
By AnaAmy110

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. My mother bought it when it was a brand new baby car. My parents kept good care of it, and I (the daughter) have it now. After purchasing a 2001 Camry, I have talked my mom into trading with me. I like the feel and drive of the 12 year old Lexus BETTER than a brand new car. This is the type of car that if you take care of it, this car will go another 115,000 miles. We (my husband and I) are planning on a baby, and we need the room of an SUV. I will be sorry I ever got rid of this car when I finally go to trade it. There aren't mant cars built as well as this Lexus.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of this car are the powerful engine (yes, still at 115,000 miles), the superior CD stereo. This 1991 model CD stereo actually plays MP3 recordings. It was well ahead of its time. Also, it gets GREAT gas mileage. I rarely get gas.

Suggested Improvements

Not really a complaint, but the tires always look like they are in need of air. I regularly check them, and they have the suggested 35psi everytime. They always just look a little low. I can never feel a difference in the ride. it is always perfect on the road.

Great Car
By Sceretbeholder

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

It is a great car, I love the looks of it, the lines on the car are great. I have only had the car 8 months, but I absoultly love it, I have put 16000 miles on it already, including a trip from NJ to AZ, it now has 166,000 miles on it, and I couldn't be happier with it, I plan to dive it till it dies. As for performance, It is great, I was really suprised when I first drove it how peppy it real was. The car still handles like a dream, the only complant I have with the car is the engine compartment, it is too small, you have to go through too much work to do anything that should be simple.

Favorite Features

I love the whole car!

Suggested Improvements

Little bit larger engine compartment would be nice, along with a tilt steering wheel.

Exemplary automobile
By Mae Haynes

1991 Lexus ES 250 4dr Sedan

For twelve years this car has has given me extraordinary service. Except for routine maintenance, there have been no mechanical problems whatsoever. It is, hands down, the best car I have ever owned and I intend to drive it forever. At such a time as it dies a natural death, I would definitely buy another Lexus. Hopefully, they will come out with a hybrid, as I would prefer a more environmentally friendly engine. That is not the fault of this car.

Favorite Features

Flexibility in handling, size, classy interior, and overall, excellent quality.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius could be a little tighter; fuel economy could be a little better.