Used 1990 Lexus ES 250 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Lexus Es-250 - Consumer Reviews

1990 Lexus ES 250 Sedan

Base 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

19 years old and still boogeying
By Samantha264

1990 Lexus ES 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, I bought it with 104,000 in 2008 miles and at 19 years old its still going strong. The only things that have been replaced since 1990 are the battery, tires, and only very recently the alternator and headlight bulbs. Its a straight 4 cylinder but its quicker than my sister's 04 Subaru Legacy, and it handles beautifully doing highway speeds, you'd never know it was a 1990. I absolutely love my car, I know it will start up every morning and perform as if it was only a year old.

Favorite Features

Stereo system, leather seats, overall reliability & quality, quick to heat up in the winter, loose steering

Suggested Improvements

Even if I had any its too late for that now!

Great Car!
By Helen

1990 Lexus ES 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Best investment I ever made. The car has served me well for 18 years and only now requiring extensive replacement of seals, etc., that the severe AZ heat (and time) has finally zapped.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and overall reliability and service.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk size, though with the back seats folded down, it can carry quite a bit, but not as much as a hatch back. The trunk is a smidge shallow.

Good Little Car
By AMR

1990 Lexus ES 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I find the car fun to drive, it is a good commuter and does well on the Interstate. It is reliable for being a 1990 model with 150000 miles on it.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more rear passenger room and cup holders.

Luxury under $2,000
By J.T

1990 Lexus ES 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car since it debuted. I owned a previous 1990 ES 250 (2000-2003) until it was totaled in an accident, which I walked away from. Since then I owned 2 Volvos 960s but when I saw another a ES 250 sitting on a lot and even w/145,800 miles on it I had to have it. It very luxurious with leather and the wood and being it's a lexus, it will last for at least another 10 years and 100,000 miles. Plan to keep it forever.

Favorite Features

Leather seats are comfortable, REAL WOOD, moonroof, smooth & quiet ride, handling, instant response from the 24 valve V6, dynamite audio system and that bulletproof reliability.

The car that never dies
By Lexus Lover

1990 Lexus ES 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The best car! Have owned the car it's whole life. It had no major problems until it's 14th year when we replaced the radiator and power steering hoses. The comfort of a Lexus is second to none and the drive is still nice even though the car is going on 16(the ride is a little rougher in the Minnesota winter). The only pitfall of owning a Lexus this old (or at any age) is that repair costs are not cheap. My family is dedicated to the Lexus/Toyota name and will buy no other vehicles as this car has been so incredibly reliable for so long.

Favorite Features

Luxurious interior, body style

Suggested Improvements

Rusting above the wheels on the body of the car has been a slight problem (the car is older, though)