2014 Lexus CT 200h 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - It grows on you... big

2014 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

It grows on you... big time
By gregb72 on

2014 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've never driven a hybrid before, but have owned a lexus before. In my previous 2008 IS250, if you touch the gas, it jumps. Quick off the line. But I also got 20 mpg. You don't buy a CT200h for power. This car eases into speed from a stop. Hence the excellent gas mileage. What no critic that I've read has revealed or maybe didn't notice, is that once you get up to speed, even 30-40 mph, especially in "sport" mode, the car responds and accelerates SURPRISINGLY well. As well as my old 200 hp IS250. If I need to pass a car on the highway, and go from 50 to 65, this car moves well. It feels more like 200hp when you're accelerating at speed. Not to mention the comfort and handling. A+

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Comfortable steering wheel. Dash lighting. Sport mode. Overall handling. Acceleration at speed. Interior ergonomics. Sunglasses holder above rearview.

Suggested Improvements

Very minor tiny details. An extra 12v socket (cigarette lighter) would be nice since nowadays we use portable GPS, plus chargers etc. (especially in the models without the GPS package). We also use the "In-Drive" for state farm that plugs in. Also noticed a very slight twitch in the windshield wipers at the very top of it's cycle as if it is hitting the insulation around the outer windshield. Very minor but I notice details. So possible length in wiper adjustment.