2014 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (4 reviews )
CT 200h w/Nav (2014)---Fun to Drive---
By thorpaj on 09/13/14 12:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A lot of small to mid-sized sedans (Buick-too tacky interior, Mercedes-gas mileage, Mini-Cooper- too small, Mazda3-good hatchback) were test driven. In the end, the interior styling, comfort, small size (for city parking) and gas mileage benefits swayed me to this vehicle. It is used for city driving and a very long weekly commute. As you can imagine, in the city I keep it in sport mode and on the highway it goes into fuel sipping mode. It is very comfortable on long drives and spirited in the city. Works perfect for my purposes. The difference between sport and fuel sipping mode is remarkable. Also, it doesn't feel "small" when sitting behind the wheel.

I love this car so much, I just bought a new one to replace my 2011
By patentcad1 on 08/21/14 02:36 AM (PDT)

2014 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was shopping for a hybrid 3 years ago to replace a gas guzzling SUV. Loved the styling of the CT, didn't want to get a Prius (I had just bought one for my wife). So I took the plunge. LOVE the CT. So much so that I just replaced the 2011 with a new 2014.

As long as you know that its a Hybrid
By johnl617 on 07/22/14 13:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My mindset while getting this car was that its not going to be as fast as my G35 coupe or my RX350 SUV. I needed a car that was good on mileage for my commutes in the New England area and had the style and technology I would love. I got the 2014 F-Sport edition in the Ultrasexy... I mean Ultrasonic Blue. It gets over 40mpg combined which is great! It's 100% Made in Japan. Yes, I still think products made by the Japanese are still far superior than other products made elsewhere. There aren't many f-sport CTs on the road right now. (I guess its because of the huge price tag for a hybrid)

It grows on you... big time
By gregb72 on 05/19/14 11:00 AM (PDT)

2014 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've never driven a hybrid before, but have owned a lexus before. In my previous 2008 IS250, if you touch the gas, it jumps. Quick off the line. But I also got 20 mpg. You don't buy a CT200h for power. This car eases into speed from a stop. Hence the excellent gas mileage. What no critic that I've read has revealed or maybe didn't notice, is that once you get up to speed, even 30-40 mph, especially in "sport" mode, the car responds and accelerates SURPRISINGLY well. As well as my old 200 hp IS250. If I need to pass a car on the highway, and go from 50 to 65, this car moves well. It feels more like 200hp when you're accelerating at speed. Not to mention the comfort and handling. A+

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Lexus CT 200h in VA is:

$196 per month*