Used 2013 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus Ct-200h - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lexus CT 200h

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (5 reviews )

Cool looking and fun to drive
By danupsman

2013 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've logged several hundred miles on local road trips so far. It would seem with just 140 or so HP that it would be sluggish up hills but we haven't found that to be the case. It's surprisingly more powerful than we though it would be. We took a trip to our local mountains (8,000 ft plus) and we never felt at all like it wasn't powerful enough. It just wasn't an issue ! It handles very nicely but there is a little more road noise than I liked to compared to our infinity G35. The interior is a little tight and it takes a little more effort to get in and out of because of that and it's lowness to the ground, but we expected to give up some of that for the increase in fuel economy. Love it !

Favorite Features

Cool looks , fuel economy and comfy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Ask my wife in a month or two as she's the primary driver !

Why did I ever leave?
By miked22

2013 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was a very loyal Lexus owner. I purchased 2 Rx300s in a row and couldn't say enough good stuff about Lexus. My only disappointment was the non- availability of the Mark Levenson sound system. That frustration sent me to a piece of junk domestic mfg. Back to present day...... I wanted to get something different. One day I was in a parking lot and saw the CT. I knew it was a Lexus however I never saw one before. I followed it and took note of the model number. After a little Internet research I went for the test drive and was very impressed. I expected a very sluggish pseudo sports sedan. It is anything but fast however it was much quicker than expected. Only one day in but I love it!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, ergonomics, traditional Lexus fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

I am very surprised that a high tech car like this only has ONE power port??? Rain sensing wipers should come with the Navigation package.

Fun to drive
By john684

2013 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is actually very slow. But it feels really fast! Perhaps because it is low to the grown and the suspension and steering is sport tuned. It is a very fun car to drive. Handles well. Cargo space is extremly limited and the tech package is out of date.

Favorite Features

sporty feel. Comfy seats. Nice leather. Handling feels very secure and inspires confidence.

Suggested Improvements

The technology package is awful. The media control system uses a mouse/point & click system complete with scroll bars. It feels like using a computer and is very slow and cubersome. The system makes this annoying 'boing' sound everytime you click on something. You cannot enter addresses while driving, for safety reasons. However, you can browse iPhone/iPod music without limitation. Not sure about the logic here. The Sirius XM satelite integration definitely needs improvement. Stations are displayed by Station Number, instead of Station Name. You cannot get a list of Satelite Stations by Station name, forcing you to each one.

CT 200H F Sport... Love It!
By melissaboyle

2013 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My husband and I, bought the 2013 F Sport used. It had just under 9k when we bought it, nearly a year ago. It now has 26k. I took it on a road trip this Summer, from WA to NM, AZ, NV and back to WA! I managed to fit myself, 3 dogs (2 med. 1 sm), my overweight friend (sorry friend!) and all our stuff! I was comfy, my friend and the dogs not so much... Mainly because my friend took up most of the room, with herself and her bags. We were all fine on the way back, without my friend. I did pickup my niece who's about my size. 5'4/115lbs. So 2 average adults, 3 dogs and everyone's stuff fits fine and we were all comfortable!

Favorite Features

MPG is Awesome!!! I average 45MPG. I've gotten it to 50MPG! Love the Sport Mode! Don't get to use it that much... But it is fun! Love driving it fast around corners! Handles great going 90+MPH! And I LOVE that it only takes $30 to fill up the tank!

Suggested Improvements

The lack of cup holders in the back, is a bit annoying. The sun-visors aren't the best. They should have the extra pullout visor, that a lot of cars have. It would be really nice, to control the volume to the radio from the steering wheel. All in all, it's a great car, it fits our needs and I'm glad we got it!

Sometimes a car is better than you think it's going to be
By kofender

2013 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my CT200h for 2 weeks now, and while I really liked the car when I bought it, it has turned out to be better than I expected. Let's start with gas mileage: I'm getting 50 mpg (not 42). It's way comfy and easy to get in and out of. The acceleration is just fine (and I drive a lot on the highway). It's very solid and more fun to drive than I ever expected. Overall, this was a much better choice than some of the other hybrids I considered (I only drive hybrids; this is my third). And heck, there's snob appeal to driving a Lexus, too.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage; comfort; navigation system; heating and AC (they are like instant on--no waiting); style

Suggested Improvements

Not much I can think of I'd improve.