2012 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Review: 2012 200CT

2012 Lexus CT 200h Hatchback - Consumer Review

2012 200CT
By donce on

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Thumbs up! I also own a Prius so I knew what I am getting into with CT. Great build and finish. Overall very tasteful interior layout and exterior. Very stable/controlled in turns. I am averaging about 42-43mpg so far in mixed driving, but have to keep in mind that I only driven it since mid-February to Mid-April in Connecticut. To all hybrid newbies: fuel consumption falls down more significantly in hybrids in winter season compared to standard cars. So I am expecting better mpg as we head into warmer season. One more thing, if you drive any car 3 miles and it's parked there all day, and then drive back home the same distance, you will never achieve advertised mpg on any car except EV.

Tachometer in sport driving mode(believe me, after driving Prius even simple thing like that makes me smile) . Comfortable seats. Great handling.

Center console could use some more upscale materials besides plastic. There is no opening in the middle upper section of the back seat. (Sorry, I am used to owning Saabs and that was so convenient and smart. Could easily throw in 2 or 3 sets of skis and still sit 2 passengers in the back) Hoping in a future there will be a more powerful engine built, that manages to keep mpg the same or in better range. After all, hybrids are popping left and right these days, competition brings the best.