Stylish Fuel Sipper
By orangelebaron on
2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have the 2012 premium fire agate (brown) for 13 months and 14,200 miles. Most people give 5 stars and rave about this car. I'm not so easy. Fuel economy has been 37 to 44 depending on time of year. The handling is fantastic. But ride is hard due to low profile tires. The brakes are extremely powerful. The seats? Good for 100 miles after that my legs go numb because the cushion is too soft in the middle, causing circulation to get cut off to my legs. Better for short trips. Back bolsters are too aggressive. Rear passengers cannot place feet under seats because of HVAC. Nav system is way too complicated and frustrating. You end up giving up and using your iPhone many times.
Favorite Features
Handling, brakes, fuel economy, distinctive modern styling
Suggested Improvements
Ditch the low profile tires for a softer ride, simplify the controls and navigation system, make the seat bottoms firmer. Get rid of ducts under front seats, so rear passengers have a place for their feet. Why can't I see what radio station I have on while the map is on? Why can't I see how many tenths of a mile I have gone at the same time as the odometer? Too many menus and buttons!!! The roof grab handle hits me in the head. The grab handle on the rear hatch is in the wrong direction. Why no lumbar support or height adjustment for the front passenger? Why no cup holder in the back seat? Make the compass arrow bigger and elongated so that you can tell which way it is pointed!!!