Give It a Serious Test Drive
By gary7465 on
2012 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm very disapponted with this car. If you've never had a hybrid, give it a very serious test drive before you buy or lease. On the plus side, the MPG is excellent -- better than advertised -- and the front seats are very comfortable. The exterior of the car is very pretty. Overall, the car isn't as much a Lexus as it is a gift wrapped Prius. There are obvious trade offs with a hybrid, but the performance in Normal mode is tepid, at best. There's better performance in Sport mode, but it's annoying to have to toggle back and forth. The ride is harsh, the car is full of rattles, steering is jittery and the back seat is very cramped.
Favorite Features
External appearance, front seat comfort, quality of paint.
Suggested Improvements
"Pleather" seats and steering wheel feel cold and sticky. Dash and door panels look inexpensive. Doors are very tinny. Standard audio system sounds like it has only one speaker. This car replaced a Mini Cooper Clubman, which I miss terribly. I plan to dump the Lexus in a year and get something that's more of a driver's car.
By donce
on 04/16/13 11:23 AM (PDT)

I am sorry but if you bought this car, what did you expect? A size of SUV? You should have known before the purchase that this car is small. I mean it's obvious. Also suprised to hear about rattles, that's very un-Lexus, maybe yours is a lemon. Yeah, every buyer who has not driven a hybrid and expects the same dynamics of a sports car, you will have to wait. Technology did not advance that far yet. Hybrids with a engines under 2.0 liters = slow. Not much slower than Corolla or Civic, but would be far off any turbocharged 4 cylinder zipper.