2012 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Review: F-Sport not comfortable

2012 Lexus CT 200h Hatchback - Consumer Review

F-Sport not comfortable
By scott261 on

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I want to begin my review by saying the ct200h f sport is a good car, but it is not comfortable, especially if you drive long distances. Stay away from the F-sport. The bucket seat design offers no support, despite the built in lumbar support. And once I highlighted the problem I have had very poor support from Lexus themselves, giving me contradicting information. I have had a physio and an occupational health advisor state the seat is causing my back problems, and had no prior problems with Audi, bmw, Ford or Peugeot. All cars I drove long distance. I had no problems with the seat of the regular ct200h, I'm curious to know if anyone else has had problems with the f-sport??

Remove the bucket seats, the car doesn't go fast enough to need the support anyway!!
By welchrock
on 02/12/14 11:49 AM (PST)

Hello - I realize this review goes back a ways but I too have had back problems recently and I think they are linked to the Lexus CT. Two questions for the poster of this review: -Did you accurately conclude that the driver's seat in the CT was the cause of your back pain? -Did you make any modifications to the seat and/or change vehicles because of the problem? Any help you can provide is appreciated. I've had a standard ( non-sporty F) version of a 2012 CT for only a few months and I think it is the root cause of my recent lower back pain.

By welchrock
on 02/02/15 21:00 PM (PST)

I ended up trading in this car after only putting 21,000 miles on it because the driver's seat was unacceptable. I never had back problems before this car, and 90% of them were gone within a month of me moving to a different vehicle. The CT can be a good car if Lexus would improve the interior space a bit, notably the headroom, and move away from the overly-bolstered, racing-inspired seats that look cool but are not ergonomic.

By orangelebaron
on 02/26/14 21:41 PM (PST)

We have the regular CT200h and yes... no good for long trips. The bottom cushion is too mushy leading to loss of circulation in legs. On a trip from NY to Baltimore, I was in pain by the time we got there. Our Murano is super comfortable for long trips... but the mpgs are no good! I had a Volvo which was also superb.

By orangelebaron
on 02/26/14 21:45 PM (PST)

another problem with the CT200h was last year, I hurt my ribs in a fall and I did not want to ride in the CT during that time because every time we hit a bump, the hard ride combined with the narrow, hard seat wings, would punch me right in the ribs!