2012 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Review: Better than I expected

2012 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Review

Better than I expected
By bob446 on

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just retired, so I traded the LS460 for this economical hybrid. The adjustment hasn't been as difficult as I anticipated. The CT has sufficient power, many of the usual Lexus luxuries, and provides a warm feeling about saving the planet. I drive in the Normal mode, and after warm-up, frequently see the car running on only battery power when steadily cruising as fast as 40 mph. Although not as silent as an LS (but what is?), it is acceptably quiet except during hard acceleration.

The styling is a winner, as are the nav system and controller. The leather front seats are extremely comfortable, but I wish the passenger side was powered. Handling is superb--it corners flat and steering response is excellent.

The hard black plastic on the center console near the cupholders is really cheap, and the armrest is too far back for comfortable use. I wish ventilated seats were available. I miss HID headlamps. Maybe a bit more room in the backseat--I am 6'1", so no one can sit behind me.