An honest review on the ct200h
By ctenthusiast on
2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
First off, let me say that I love this little car! I am a 6'2", 180 pound, 41 year old man... So you know a little of where my points of view are coming from. Lets address the categories that I didn't rank with 5's, first off, performance- performance is pretty good all in all, and particularly in sport mode it reacts quite well... However, make no mistake, this is not a sports car! It is a hybrid that is getting you up to 60 mpg at times. If you want to spin tires and blast 0-60 in 4 seconds you are going to have to rethink buying this car! Second, comfort- I am a fairly big guy and I find this car to be really very comfortable, I have my seat at the furthest and lowest position.
Favorite Features
Continued... If I were any bigger it would not work. The car is narrow, so if you are wide, you may want to think hard on it! Third, value- really this might be a 5! 40 grand is a chunk of money, but the technology and build of this car is pretty tremendous, just know the Mazda that looks similar is 15 grand less. Fourth, fun to drive- I love the drive in sport mode, I'd give it a 5. But in normal or Eco the car is weak. FAVORITE FEATURES- the cockpit is awesome! I love the style and all the fun technology I can play with from the driver's seat. The navi system is unbelievable. Do not buy this car and elect not to pay for navi, it's SO MUCH more than navigation. And of course the MPG is tops
Suggested Improvements
I agree with most other reviews, make the sport mode a possible default position so I don't have to toggle. The back seat is a bit of a joke too! I have kids, but if I need to take them somewhere it is going to have to be in my other car. This car is designed for one or two people, the back seats do fold down flat so your hauling and storage capabilities are quite spacious. OVERALL I would not change a whole lot, I mean sure, I wish it performed like a 911 porche and still achieved 45 mpg, but that is unrealistic thinking. I am very pleased with the ct200h and imagine I will begin to see many more on the roads as the price of gas continues to climb.