2012 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:
Another Hit From Lexus
By mike995134 on 03/06/12 11:42 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

WOW-WOW-WOW ... what an amazing car!!! It's not at all sluggish as has been written by some. Of course it doesn't do 0-60 in 4 seconds ... but we have not had any problems merging onto the freeway or climbing up hills. The Normal Mode is fine for this, but for a little extra oomph, just kick it over to Sport Mode and this thing moves. The ergonomics are great. We traded an Infiniti EX35 for the CT, so it is a tad smaller ... but no worries, we can still carry people, our pets and haul other stuff as needed without any problems. And of course, we absolutely love the fuel economy too. 42+ mpg is the norm for our combined city-freeway driving thus far. How awesome is that!!!

Outstanding Car
By megaman4 on 02/11/12 05:56 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We had the car for over two weeks now, what a great vehicle. The gas mileage is outstanding, amazing how little it costs to fill this car up and how far you get on a full tank. Moving form a larger vehicle, it does take some time to get used to. Very responsive steering, good visibility from all angles. It really is a fun car to drive, plenty of space for the front and rear passengers.

Better than I expected
By bob446 on 01/30/12 15:48 PM (PST)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just retired, so I traded the LS460 for this economical hybrid. The adjustment hasn't been as difficult as I anticipated. The CT has sufficient power, many of the usual Lexus luxuries, and provides a warm feeling about saving the planet. I drive in the Normal mode, and after warm-up, frequently see the car running on only battery power when steadily cruising as fast as 40 mph. Although not as silent as an LS (but what is?), it is acceptably quiet except during hard acceleration.

Great MPG
By feng2 on 01/08/12 14:39 PM (PST)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Due to my long distance commute, I perchased the CT200h. I used to drive my Porsche Cayenne S to work. The MPG was about 18 MPG on average. I had this CT200h for three weeks now. The MPG is 44.3 on average for about 500 miles. Today, I filled up the tank with the regular non ethanol added fuel. The MPG is 49.7 MPG with 35 mile on the freeway in the Sport mode and 5 miles in the Normal mode. I am sure the MPG will reach 50 MPG if I drive it in the Normal mode full time. In Chicago area, the fuel has 10% ethanol in it. I have to add the non ethanol fuel in Indiana where I work. The non ethanol fuel does increase the MPG by at least 15%. I will stick to the non ethanol fuel then.

CT 200h Lexus 2012
By ld14 on 12/08/11 11:39 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought this car a couple weeks ago. The mileage is amazing; I am getting about 44-45 MPG, better than I expected. The car drives nicely and hugs the road tightly, so that i feel in good control. It is sporty and fun, and looks like a technologically advanced car inside. The use of space is very good. The only thing better would be the same car in a larger version.

Long waiting for part replacement
By algebra1 on 11/11/11 06:02 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car in August 2011 waiting four months for its delivery. On Oct 29 my car was slightly hit from behind and required auto-body repair. It turns out that there is a long waiting time for part delivery. I was told that it will take three weeks at least. That implies that I will be without the car for at least one month taking into asccount the repair time. I wouldn't advise to buy CT200H unless Lexus will correct this unacceptable situation with part delivery.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Lexus CT 200h in VA is:

$130 per month*