2012 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:
Toyota Hybrid drivetrain w/o the Prius looks
By tk1971 on 09/04/12 17:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Like it or hate it, the Toyota Prius has successfully mainstreamed the hybrid car. The first gen cars that are still out on the road is a testament of how reliable this drivetrain is. But for some (like myself), I can't get past the way it looks (like a door stop). It's just not my style. The Lexus CT200h floats my boat. Compared to a Prius, it's a very different car. The front bucket seats alone are worth the price of admission. The sporty good looks, larger alloy wheels, and luxurious amenities sacrifices some MPG, but I'm getting more than 45mpg. What more can I ask for? Sure, it's on the low end of the Lexus totem pole, but it's definitely more comfortable than a top of the line Prius.

Excellent Car
By rjab on 07/24/12 09:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car for a week now and it's amazing. Getting already 45 mpg with mixed city and highway driving. Got the Premium trim with Audio package, HDD Navigaton and Leather Package. Love the drive and the sports mode. Saving a lot of money on the gas. Got the Factory Invoice price from my dealer.

awesome from day one!
By exp68 on 07/06/12 14:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded my soon to be out of warranty 07 CLS63 for my 2012 F sport.45-49 mpg mostly in the sport mode mixed city/hiway driving.I debadged my hottie including the blue L,,,don't want to be mistaken for a Greeny....no one knows what it is, lots of thumbs up,you would get that responce in a Prius!!!

Hot hot hybrid
By carmageddon on 06/25/12 16:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With the F-Sport package this thing's got kind of an upscale eco-friendly bad attitude look to it. And I love the modern wood and leather free interior; it's about time that we start to see some new materials indoors. Power's on the light side, but handling with the sports package is definitely competitive with the Mini's and GTI's of the world. But they don't get forty-something miles per gallon on regular now do they?

Better MPG than advertised
By samborambo1 on 05/30/12 17:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my CT for about 3 week now and I have only driven less than a 1000 miles. I have fueled up the car twice. Both times, I calculated the mpg based on the trip miles divided by the number of gallons pumped in. Both times I was able to achieve between 49 and 50 miles per gallon. This is definitely above the mpg on the sticker. There are plethora of CT drivers that are getting below 40mpg while some are getting over 50mpg. It all depends on how you drive the car. It will NOT out run any car on the road if you want good mpg. So be prepared to pull to the right, slowly get up to speed, and let the traffic pass you by. I'm ok with that. If you are too, then the CT is for you.

54 mpg!?!?
By ernbon on 04/15/12 14:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife got this car (2012 model) two weeks ago as a birthday present. She just came home from a luncheon and advised me that she is now getting 54 MPG! After telling her she was crazy, I went down to the garage and checked for myself. Remarkable. She is very satisfied with the car so far.

48 MPG !
By striker6 on 04/08/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The main reason I purchased it was my total disgust with supporting corporate gasholes at over $4gl. Yes,I am actually averaging 48 mpg! If you aren't ...change your driving habits. It won't win any 1/4 mile drag races, but where in this overly congested country can you go more than a 1/4 mile most of the time without stopping for a red light. I traded a high performance sport coupe that I was only using 25% of its power less than 50% of the time...where's the logic in that ??!! This car rides just as well, and I really don't miss taking off ramps at 90mph ! It's extremely comfortable, very stylish (gotten many compliments), and of course, Lexus quality. Best bang for my $ in many years !!!

This is a great car!
By irishpilot on 04/02/12 16:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Extremely happy with the styling of this car! But most of all I love all the technologies! I like all the bells and whistles and this car has them all. Even my high school age daughter likes this purchase...hoping that it will be her car in couple of years. Very nice car by Lexus!

Love this Car!!
By viv86 on 03/21/12 17:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted a hybrid but resorted to looking at cars with better gas mileage until I saw this car in a commercial and then at an Auto Show. I am so glad I found this car! I am getting the same gas mileage as the estimates but am trending better than 43 mpg. I've only had it for two weeks and the mpg is getting better as I continue to learn how to drive it. The trunk space the interior cabin are small but for someone who doesn't drive a lot of passengers around it is fine. The beauty of this car is that you can get more power just by turning a dial to "sport mode". When in that mode the pick up is noticeably quicker than when in "normal mode". I am very happy with this car!

F-Sport Special Edition a blast to own!
By jmickens on 03/19/12 23:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got this car after seeing it showcased at the annual car show and the suspension upgrade is VERY noticable. To go from getting 50+ mpg on the highway to carving up backroad twisties makes this car the new MINI only better looking and WAY more upscale. Would highly reccomend.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Lexus CT 200h in VA is:

$130 per month*