Used 2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lexus CT 200h Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:

Turks Car
By Ed

2012 Lexus CT 200h Hatchback Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

UP hill/ steep grade // Boggess down
By jack Bumgarner

We have had our used car for a little over a year now. Love the car for where we live,, northeast South Carolina. There are 2 issues we have with the car. 1. -- sometimes the windows fog up so bad it makes driving unsafe. We have to run the heat full blast for 30 mins before the windows clear up enough to see good . This is a problem. 2----- When we traveled to the mountains ( Boone, N.C.) for a funeral ,,, going up steep grades for long period of time ( 45 minutes ) the engine over heated ,, due to having the motor/ engine maxed out ,, everything the car had,, to maintain 35-45 MPH. REDLINED !!!!!

2012 CT200H Follow up review, 76k
By Donce

This is my 3rd review of the car (Look for older ones for more info). 1st most important thing people will look for in this car - gas mileage. We now put 76k on the clock and we are beating EPA rated numbers. We do more highway driving than city, which according to official numbers should be the lower number. Our lifetime average up to 58k was 43.7mpg. Then I reset it because I finally bought a winter tire set and new oem set, we are at 76k now (18k since reset) and the average is 44mpg and rising. As I mentioned in previous reviews, warmer season mpg will be in 45+ range, it will drop to 40+ during cold months. If you aren't a spirited driver, you will most likely beat epa estimates. I doubt racers will be buying this car anyway. With that said the car handles really really well. I always try to steal it from my wife on weekends to drive around as enjoy well handling cars (i am left with a minivan for my 2 mile commute to train station and that's not fun to drive). I would say that about every big vehicle on the road btw. CT just feels like a road hugger, only lacks acceleration and a stick shift. Second big thing, (technically third since i mentioned handling), the car has been as reliable as it can get. No issues whatsoever. We will be driving this thing until it goes because that's where owning Toyota/Lexus product is the greatest advantage. Their cars are rock solid in reliability and can go long miles. One more thing, we are still on original brake set @76k...wow! I may need to get Focus ST as a third car as I am dying to have a stick shifter and the car that speeds up a bit faster but that's more of weekend car wish than an everyday driver. Back to hybrids, there has been a wave of improved hybrids that hit the market since we bought CT, so choices are better today than in 2012/2013. And despite popular hate on diesels, i love them. Check out BMW 535d (started in 2014) if you can afford it.

Stylish well built car, not suitable for families!
By Richard Waldron

Had this car almost 3 years now, just reached the 30k mark. It is a great little car with good gas savings. We seem to average about 40-45 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving.

I really only have 2 complaints..
1. It is very low. So low I can not drive it up my drive without scrapping the bottom. So I have to park it on the street.
2. It is great for 1-2 people, but the back is too small for adults. With a baby on the way we will have to trade it in. Definitely no room for a stroller in the trunk! Trunk can not even fit a regular size suitcase.

Tip: go to Toyota not Lexus for any servicing. A major Lexus service costs around $750. Toyota charge $200 for exactly the same service

I am in love with this car
By cindyropp

I was lucky and found a 2012 fully loaded with only 6k miles on it for $26k. I love this car, while I have
a lead foot, I am only getting 37 to 40mpg...if I am driving like an old lady on a straight road, I might get 40 but I live in san diego, hills everywhere and going up hill, the mileage goes down. I love the handling.
this is the perfect combination of sporty, economical, practical, fun. Definitely beats the competition of the other hybrids in $28-35k range!!

love that I never have to get keys out. push button start, opens cars with touch of my hand, push a button to park the car. radio control buttons positioned well, computer mouse-point click feature, nimble turn and handling, awesome brakes- stop on a dime!!! I didn't realize until several weeks I had it that you can flip down the monitor screen if you want. can fold seats down and have ton of room!!!

more than one power outlet!! little more back seat room. put cup holders in back for passengers trunk release from inside the car. I find the navigation a little hard to maneuver, easy to put addresses in but hard when you want to start using compass and other features. Stop the beeping when using back up camera without having to take to dealer and pay 70 dollars to have them change it.