2012 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:
I am in love with this car
By cindyropp on 01/23/14 19:53 PM (PST)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was lucky and found a 2012 fully loaded with only 6k miles on it for $26k. I love this car, while I have a lead foot, I am only getting 37 to 40mpg...if I am driving like an old lady on a straight road, I might get 40 but I live in san diego, hills everywhere and going up hill, the mileage goes down. I love the handling. this is the perfect combination of sporty, economical, practical, fun. Definitely beats the competition of the other hybrids in $28-35k range!!

good but
By roberta22 on 07/31/13 12:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Lexus. Have had it for almost 2 years and I'm still getting good mileage. I also think it's fun to drive and very easy on freeways with all the start and stop of urban driving. What I didn't think about when I purchased it (and should have) was how low to the ground it is. Easy for the driver to get in and out but almost always have to pull away from the curb to let a passenger in and out. Have been losing air pressure in my tires and now find out that it's corrosion of the chrome wheels. So far two wheels have had to be resealed. Anybody else have this problem? Let me know...

F-Sport not comfortable
By scott261 on 05/22/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I want to begin my review by saying the ct200h f sport is a good car, but it is not comfortable, especially if you drive long distances. Stay away from the F-sport. The bucket seat design offers no support, despite the built in lumbar support. And once I highlighted the problem I have had very poor support from Lexus themselves, giving me contradicting information. I have had a physio and an occupational health advisor state the seat is causing my back problems, and had no prior problems with Audi, bmw, Ford or Peugeot. All cars I drove long distance. I had no problems with the seat of the regular ct200h, I'm curious to know if anyone else has had problems with the f-sport??

Stylish Fuel Sipper
By orangelebaron on 04/21/13 21:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have the 2012 premium fire agate (brown) for 13 months and 14,200 miles. Most people give 5 stars and rave about this car. I'm not so easy. Fuel economy has been 37 to 44 depending on time of year. The handling is fantastic. But ride is hard due to low profile tires. The brakes are extremely powerful. The seats? Good for 100 miles after that my legs go numb because the cushion is too soft in the middle, causing circulation to get cut off to my legs. Better for short trips. Back bolsters are too aggressive. Rear passengers cannot place feet under seats because of HVAC. Nav system is way too complicated and frustrating. You end up giving up and using your iPhone many times.

2012 200CT
By donce on 04/15/13 14:11 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Thumbs up! I also own a Prius so I knew what I am getting into with CT. Great build and finish. Overall very tasteful interior layout and exterior. Very stable/controlled in turns. I am averaging about 42-43mpg so far in mixed driving, but have to keep in mind that I only driven it since mid-February to Mid-April in Connecticut. To all hybrid newbies: fuel consumption falls down more significantly in hybrids in winter season compared to standard cars. So I am expecting better mpg as we head into warmer season. One more thing, if you drive any car 3 miles and it's parked there all day, and then drive back home the same distance, you will never achieve advertised mpg on any car except EV.

Great Upscale Hybrid
By blackmambo on 03/25/13 10:18 AM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I were looking to get a more efficient vehicle since most of our driving is within 5 miles of our house. We quickly found out in our research that the CT 200h ticked every box on our list: gas mileage, looks, build quality, reliability, comfort, and gadgets. For around $36,000 fully loaded, it's actually priced very reasonably considering it's from a luxury brand. Most reviews knock the car for its performance, which is odd since this is a hybrid. I was actually surprised to find power more than adequate for going up hills and merging. Handling is where this car shines - steering is tight and the car is very fun to drive. Rear seats are a bit tight but they are comfortable.

An honest review on the ct200h
By ctenthusiast on 03/02/13 07:57 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First off, let me say that I love this little car! I am a 6'2", 180 pound, 41 year old man... So you know a little of where my points of view are coming from. Lets address the categories that I didn't rank with 5's, first off, performance- performance is pretty good all in all, and particularly in sport mode it reacts quite well... However, make no mistake, this is not a sports car! It is a hybrid that is getting you up to 60 mpg at times. If you want to spin tires and blast 0-60 in 4 seconds you are going to have to rethink buying this car! Second, comfort- I am a fairly big guy and I find this car to be really very comfortable, I have my seat at the furthest and lowest position.

Toyota Hybrid drivetrain w/o the Prius looks
By tk1971 on 09/04/12 17:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Like it or hate it, the Toyota Prius has successfully mainstreamed the hybrid car. The first gen cars that are still out on the road is a testament of how reliable this drivetrain is. But for some (like myself), I can't get past the way it looks (like a door stop). It's just not my style. The Lexus CT200h floats my boat. Compared to a Prius, it's a very different car. The front bucket seats alone are worth the price of admission. The sporty good looks, larger alloy wheels, and luxurious amenities sacrifices some MPG, but I'm getting more than 45mpg. What more can I ask for? Sure, it's on the low end of the Lexus totem pole, but it's definitely more comfortable than a top of the line Prius.

Excellent Car
By rjab on 07/24/12 09:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car for a week now and it's amazing. Getting already 45 mpg with mixed city and highway driving. Got the Premium trim with Audio package, HDD Navigaton and Leather Package. Love the drive and the sports mode. Saving a lot of money on the gas. Got the Factory Invoice price from my dealer.

awesome from day one!
By exp68 on 07/06/12 14:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded my soon to be out of warranty 07 CLS63 for my 2012 F sport.45-49 mpg mostly in the sport mode mixed city/hiway driving.I debadged my hottie including the blue L,,,don't want to be mistaken for a Greeny....no one knows what it is, lots of thumbs up,you would get that responce in a Prius!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Lexus CT 200h in WA is:

$161 per month*