Used 2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:

2012 CT200H Follow up review, 43k
By Donce

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I posted first review on our CT200 just after I bought it new in early 2013. Obviously I bought with a sizable discount since it was theoretically 1 year old car with no miles. I don't know if would be ready to spend 35k+ or more Lexus is asking for these when they just come to their lots. Then again that's how I feel about all new cars. Ok, now to important stuff. I kept one gas mileage tracker on without reset since it was 0 miles. We drove 43k so far, lifetime gas mileage is at 43.5mpg. It gets better in summer time when we average around 43-48mpg and falls down in winter season to around 39-44mpg. We do more highway driving I should note, where gas mileage really depends on elevation difference (flats vs hills). Obviously if you live in NJ, I think you could see better numbers and if let's say you are in VT then it's the opposite. We drive at 70-75mph most of time, so if you stick to going 60-65mph you will see better numbers. More in the upper range of what I experienced. No issues with the car from maintenance perspective, although Lexus charges 115$ for synthetic oil change while Toyota does it for 50$. Lol this is what you pay for Lexus badge. It handles great, is quiet. Although I think we used up over half of the life on the original oem tires (Michelins), so they just grew louder after 42k mark. Again this is not a knock against the car (well I guess maybe you would not hear it in bigger car such as GS or LX, but this tiny thing is not at the same level of sound insulation as its bigger siblings. Which is logical, it also does not cost half as much.

Stylish well built car, not suitable for families!
By Richard Waldron

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car almost 3 years now, just reached the 30k mark. It is a great little car with good gas savings. We seem to average about 40-45 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. I really only have 2 complaints.. 1. It is very low. So low I can not drive it up my drive without scrapping the bottom. So I have to park it on the street. 2. It is great for 1-2 people, but the back is too small for adults. With a baby on the way we will have to trade it in. Definitely no room for a stroller in the trunk! Trunk can not even fit a regular size suitcase. Tip: go to Toyota not Lexus for any servicing. A major Lexus service costs around $750. Toyota charge $200 for exactly the same service

I am in love with this car
By cindyropp

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was lucky and found a 2012 fully loaded with only 6k miles on it for $26k. I love this car, while I have a lead foot, I am only getting 37 to 40mpg...if I am driving like an old lady on a straight road, I might get 40 but I live in san diego, hills everywhere and going up hill, the mileage goes down. I love the handling. this is the perfect combination of sporty, economical, practical, fun. Definitely beats the competition of the other hybrids in $28-35k range!!

love that I never have to get keys out. push button start, opens cars with touch of my hand, push a button to park the car. radio control buttons positioned well, computer mouse-point click feature, nimble turn and handling, awesome brakes- stop on a dime!!! I didn't realize until several weeks I had it that you can flip down the monitor screen if you want. can fold seats down and have ton of room!!!

more than one power outlet!! little more back seat room. put cup holders in back for passengers trunk release from inside the car. I find the navigation a little hard to maneuver, easy to put addresses in but hard when you want to start using compass and other features. Stop the beeping when using back up camera without having to take to dealer and pay 70 dollars to have them change it.

good but
By roberta22

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Lexus. Have had it for almost 2 years and I'm still getting good mileage. I also think it's fun to drive and very easy on freeways with all the start and stop of urban driving. What I didn't think about when I purchased it (and should have) was how low to the ground it is. Easy for the driver to get in and out but almost always have to pull away from the curb to let a passenger in and out. Have been losing air pressure in my tires and now find out that it's corrosion of the chrome wheels. So far two wheels have had to be resealed. Anybody else have this problem? Let me know...

F-Sport not comfortable
By scott261

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I want to begin my review by saying the ct200h f sport is a good car, but it is not comfortable, especially if you drive long distances. Stay away from the F-sport. The bucket seat design offers no support, despite the built in lumbar support. And once I highlighted the problem I have had very poor support from Lexus themselves, giving me contradicting information. I have had a physio and an occupational health advisor state the seat is causing my back problems, and had no prior problems with Audi, bmw, Ford or Peugeot. All cars I drove long distance. I had no problems with the seat of the regular ct200h, I'm curious to know if anyone else has had problems with the f-sport??

Remove the bucket seats, the car doesn't go fast enough to need the support anyway!!