Used 2012 Lexus CT 200h Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lexus Ct-200h - Consumer Reviews

2012 Lexus CT 200h

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:

One year after purchasing...
By nanday

2012 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just passed one year driving my CT200H. Firstly, I live in the subtropics in Australia, so driving in heavy snow or ice is not a concern. I wanted fuel efficiency, safety and reliability and this car delivers, and also gives a very comfortable ride. It is not a standout in appearance but is better than the blocky looking Prius. It is an exellent car for a single older person, or a couple (and maybe ones with small children), but the back seat cramped. It delivers everything I wanted and I would recommend it on the fuel savings alone.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency, reliability, Lexus service, comfort, safety.

Suggested Improvements

A lower entry price. Another hybrid model between this one and the SUV (for example a wagon or a small SUV) would entice me to trade up when the time comes in order to get more storage space and leg room.

Don't buy in snow country!
By slimpiks

2012 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great dry road car and fun to drive. In our first snow of season, unable to move due to vehicle control system. At stop sign on snow/ice, car would not move and had to back out of traffic situation. Talked to Lexus dealer and no lock out for vehicle control system, which is on other Lexus models. Had to trade car for Camry, which has the vehicle control system lock out. Camry performs much better on snow/ice. Buy a Camry, which has almost same expected mileage.

Favorite Features

Great looking and fun to drive on dry roads. Good gas mileage. Nice interior but limited storage. Great road car but a little choppy due to short wheelbase.

Suggested Improvements

Car should have lock out for vehicle control system. Also needs cup holders in back seat and more storage in front seat area.

Give It a Serious Test Drive
By gary7465

2012 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm very disapponted with this car. If you've never had a hybrid, give it a very serious test drive before you buy or lease. On the plus side, the MPG is excellent -- better than advertised -- and the front seats are very comfortable. The exterior of the car is very pretty. Overall, the car isn't as much a Lexus as it is a gift wrapped Prius. There are obvious trade offs with a hybrid, but the performance in Normal mode is tepid, at best. There's better performance in Sport mode, but it's annoying to have to toggle back and forth. The ride is harsh, the car is full of rattles, steering is jittery and the back seat is very cramped.

Favorite Features

External appearance, front seat comfort, quality of paint.

Suggested Improvements

"Pleather" seats and steering wheel feel cold and sticky. Dash and door panels look inexpensive. Doors are very tinny. Standard audio system sounds like it has only one speaker. This car replaced a Mini Cooper Clubman, which I miss terribly. I plan to dump the Lexus in a year and get something that's more of a driver's car.