Used 2012 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

By Ed

UP hill/ steep grade // Boggess down
By jack Bumgarner

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had our used car for a little over a year now. Love the car for where we live,, northeast South Carolina. There are 2 issues we have with the car. 1. -- sometimes the windows fog up so bad it makes driving unsafe. We have to run the heat full blast for 30 mins before the windows clear up enough to see good . This is a problem. 2----- When we traveled to the mountains ( Boone, N.C.) for a funeral ,,, going up steep grades for long period of time ( 45 minutes ) the engine over heated ,, due to having the motor/ engine maxed out ,, everything the car had,, to maintain 35-45 MPH. REDLINED !!!!!

2012 CT200H Follow up review, 43k
By Donce

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I posted first review on our CT200 just after I bought it new in early 2013. Obviously I bought with a sizable discount since it was theoretically 1 year old car with no miles. I don't know if would be ready to spend 35k+ or more Lexus is asking for these when they just come to their lots. Then again that's how I feel about all new cars. Ok, now to important stuff. I kept one gas mileage tracker on without reset since it was 0 miles. We drove 43k so far, lifetime gas mileage is at 43.5mpg. It gets better in summer time when we average around 43-48mpg and falls down in winter season to around 39-44mpg. We do more highway driving I should note, where gas mileage really depends on elevation difference (flats vs hills). Obviously if you live in NJ, I think you could see better numbers and if let's say you are in VT then it's the opposite. We drive at 70-75mph most of time, so if you stick to going 60-65mph you will see better numbers. More in the upper range of what I experienced. No issues with the car from maintenance perspective, although Lexus charges 115$ for synthetic oil change while Toyota does it for 50$. Lol this is what you pay for Lexus badge. It handles great, is quiet. Although I think we used up over half of the life on the original oem tires (Michelins), so they just grew louder after 42k mark. Again this is not a knock against the car (well I guess maybe you would not hear it in bigger car such as GS or LX, but this tiny thing is not at the same level of sound insulation as its bigger siblings. Which is logical, it also does not cost half as much.

Stylish well built car, not suitable for families!
By Richard Waldron

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car almost 3 years now, just reached the 30k mark. It is a great little car with good gas savings. We seem to average about 40-45 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving.

I really only have 2 complaints..
1. It is very low. So low I can not drive it up my drive without scrapping the bottom. So I have to park it on the street.
2. It is great for 1-2 people, but the back is too small for adults. With a baby on the way we will have to trade it in. Definitely no room for a stroller in the trunk! Trunk can not even fit a regular size suitcase.

Tip: go to Toyota not Lexus for any servicing. A major Lexus service costs around $750. Toyota charge $200 for exactly the same service

I am in love with this car
By cindyropp

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was lucky and found a 2012 fully loaded with only 6k miles on it for $26k. I love this car, while I have
a lead foot, I am only getting 37 to 40mpg...if I am driving like an old lady on a straight road, I might get 40 but I live in san diego, hills everywhere and going up hill, the mileage goes down. I love the handling.
this is the perfect combination of sporty, economical, practical, fun. Definitely beats the competition of the other hybrids in $28-35k range!!

love that I never have to get keys out. push button start, opens cars with touch of my hand, push a button to park the car. radio control buttons positioned well, computer mouse-point click feature, nimble turn and handling, awesome brakes- stop on a dime!!! I didn't realize until several weeks I had it that you can flip down the monitor screen if you want. can fold seats down and have ton of room!!!

more than one power outlet!! little more back seat room. put cup holders in back for passengers trunk release from inside the car. I find the navigation a little hard to maneuver, easy to put addresses in but hard when you want to start using compass and other features. Stop the beeping when using back up camera without having to take to dealer and pay 70 dollars to have them change it.