Used 2012 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lexus Ct-200h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:

Most Helpful|
I am in love with this car
By cindyropp

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was lucky and found a 2012 fully loaded with only 6k miles on it for $26k. I love this car, while I have a lead foot, I am only getting 37 to 40mpg...if I am driving like an old lady on a straight road, I might get 40 but I live in san diego, hills everywhere and going up hill, the mileage goes down. I love the handling. this is the perfect combination of sporty, economical, practical, fun. Definitely beats the competition of the other hybrids in $28-35k range!!

Favorite Features

love that I never have to get keys out. push button start, opens cars with touch of my hand, push a button to park the car. radio control buttons positioned well, computer mouse-point click feature, nimble turn and handling, awesome brakes- stop on a dime!!! I didn't realize until several weeks I had it that you can flip down the monitor screen if you want. can fold seats down and have ton of room!!!

Suggested Improvements

more than one power outlet!! little more back seat room. put cup holders in back for passengers trunk release from inside the car. I find the navigation a little hard to maneuver, easy to put addresses in but hard when you want to start using compass and other features. Stop the beeping when using back up camera without having to take to dealer and pay 70 dollars to have them change it.

Don't buy in snow country!
By slimpiks

2012 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great dry road car and fun to drive. In our first snow of season, unable to move due to vehicle control system. At stop sign on snow/ice, car would not move and had to back out of traffic situation. Talked to Lexus dealer and no lock out for vehicle control system, which is on other Lexus models. Had to trade car for Camry, which has the vehicle control system lock out. Camry performs much better on snow/ice. Buy a Camry, which has almost same expected mileage.

Favorite Features

Great looking and fun to drive on dry roads. Good gas mileage. Nice interior but limited storage. Great road car but a little choppy due to short wheelbase.

Suggested Improvements

Car should have lock out for vehicle control system. Also needs cup holders in back seat and more storage in front seat area.

Stylish Fuel Sipper
By orangelebaron

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have the 2012 premium fire agate (brown) for 13 months and 14,200 miles. Most people give 5 stars and rave about this car. I'm not so easy. Fuel economy has been 37 to 44 depending on time of year. The handling is fantastic. But ride is hard due to low profile tires. The brakes are extremely powerful. The seats? Good for 100 miles after that my legs go numb because the cushion is too soft in the middle, causing circulation to get cut off to my legs. Better for short trips. Back bolsters are too aggressive. Rear passengers cannot place feet under seats because of HVAC. Nav system is way too complicated and frustrating. You end up giving up and using your iPhone many times.

Favorite Features

Handling, brakes, fuel economy, distinctive modern styling

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the low profile tires for a softer ride, simplify the controls and navigation system, make the seat bottoms firmer. Get rid of ducts under front seats, so rear passengers have a place for their feet. Why can't I see what radio station I have on while the map is on? Why can't I see how many tenths of a mile I have gone at the same time as the odometer? Too many menus and buttons!!! The roof grab handle hits me in the head. The grab handle on the rear hatch is in the wrong direction. Why no lumbar support or height adjustment for the front passenger? Why no cup holder in the back seat? Make the compass arrow bigger and elongated so that you can tell which way it is pointed!!!

Stylish well built car, not suitable for families!
By Richard Waldron

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car almost 3 years now, just reached the 30k mark. It is a great little car with good gas savings. We seem to average about 40-45 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. I really only have 2 complaints.. 1. It is very low. So low I can not drive it up my drive without scrapping the bottom. So I have to park it on the street. 2. It is great for 1-2 people, but the back is too small for adults. With a baby on the way we will have to trade it in. Definitely no room for a stroller in the trunk! Trunk can not even fit a regular size suitcase. Tip: go to Toyota not Lexus for any servicing. A major Lexus service costs around $750. Toyota charge $200 for exactly the same service

Great Upscale Hybrid
By blackmambo

2012 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I were looking to get a more efficient vehicle since most of our driving is within 5 miles of our house. We quickly found out in our research that the CT 200h ticked every box on our list: gas mileage, looks, build quality, reliability, comfort, and gadgets. For around $36,000 fully loaded, it's actually priced very reasonably considering it's from a luxury brand. Most reviews knock the car for its performance, which is odd since this is a hybrid. I was actually surprised to find power more than adequate for going up hills and merging. Handling is where this car shines - steering is tight and the car is very fun to drive. Rear seats are a bit tight but they are comfortable.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, navigation system and hands-free control, sound system, dashboard design, seat comfort, keyless access with automatic lighting as you approach the car (interior lights and lights under mirrors)

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest on door is very low and uncomfortable to use, power passenger seat should be standard, LED headlamps should be standard, rear cup holders and door storage is lacking