Great car
By glf3 on
2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I love my new CT200h. I am a little disappointed with the city mileage so far though. I traded in my ES350 which I loved but I am a caregiver for my wife and I don't do much highway driving anymore. I got 32 highway on the ES but only 17 in town. Most of my trips are only 2 to 3 miles one way. This is producing about 38 mpg. I did take a couple of trips over 50 miles of country road driving which gave me 44 mpg. I only have 550 miles on it so far. Hope it gets better but not sure. Might it get better?
Favorite Features
Sport mode is my favorite feature. I also like the screen showing what is driving the car. The nav system is better than the ES too. The seats are very comfortable. The "trunk" space is ok. I can get my golf clubs in on a diagonal with one of the back seats down. I get a kick out of driving the last half mile to my house on EV.
Suggested Improvements
Can't think of any suggested improvements right now. Ask me in a couple of months.
By roguecustom
on 12/23/11 14:54 PM (PST)

Your mileage is typical. It will dip from rated "city mileage" if you only drive it a few miles at a time because of warm-up time inefficiencies in the gasoline engine. Once warmed-up, city mileage should be in the low 40's. Cold weather mileage will also be noticeably less due to longer warm-up times and increased frictional load.