2011 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Review: Lexus comfort and great mpg!

2011 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Review

Lexus comfort and great mpg!
By bcompton1 on

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is truly a gas "sipper". On my first tank of gas I am averaging 44.1 mpg in mostly city driving. The car is typical Lexus as it is an extremely smooth and quiet ride. Contrary to some of the expert reviews, I find the interior features are conveniently placed and easy to use and the features of the navigation system are very hi tech with current weather, xm sports team features, stocks etc, but unlike my Acura TL, Lexus refuses to allow the driver or passenger to input destinations while the car is in motion. The hands free blue tooth for use of ipod or phone is seamless and the back up camera allows you to get within inches of an object. Overall Lexus did a great!

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy, smooth ride, XM radio, back up camera

Suggested Improvements

Lexus needs to allow use of the navigation system while car is in motion. Even passengers can't enter a destination while the car is moving . Cargo space limited
By bilmat
on 07/03/11 01:34 AM (PDT)

If you want to be able to input data to the GPS while the car is in motion and are willing to pay $350 for that capability, Prestigious Society sells a plug-in "Navigation Enhancement" module that allows you to do so. My CT200 doesn't have Nav (I use a Garmin Nuvi if I need GPS), but I installed the plug-in module in my 2009 ES350 and it works as advertised. The module is also available for the CT200 with factory Nav. Go to the website and click on "Products" if you are interested.