Just what I expected, and then some
By patentcad1 on
2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
How you'll like a CT depends on your expectations. The car LOOKS fast. Like an Audi A3 or Mazdaspeed 3 5-door. But we all know (or you should know) it's really a Prius that's fun to drive, that's what I expected. I got more than that, a world class compact luxury sport wagon that's a blast to drive, Lexus quality/class (and comfort within its stiff chassis limitations) and 40+ mpg. My friggin motorcycle has a hard time getting 40+ mpg. The car is a blast, has enough cargo room for my needs (I regularly carry a couple of bicycles + gear to rides & races). The technology works, it's surprisingly fast in Sport mode. And a bit of a head-turner too. Love the car. A winner for Lexus.
Favorite Features
The modes (Normal, Eco, Sport, EV) work surprisingly well, particularly Sport, the car really is faster than I ever expected in Sport mode, you can feel the kick in the voltage boost in the drivetrain and the steering/suspension stiffens nicely. The car handling is amazing, and I love how everything has a nice Lexus feel. Quality of the materials and build is amazing. This car combines Prius, Lexus and Audi A3 styling in a new package.
Suggested Improvements
Basic sound system in the 200h Premium could have better speakers. Front defroster is terrible on warm humid days. Other than that the car rocks.
By patentcad1
on 10/02/11 14:46 PM (PDT)

I take the front wheel(s) off. I put a sheet down to keep the interior clean, put the bike on top, then if I have a second bike, I put another sheet on top of the first and gently lay the second down. Again with front wheels removed. You can't really hang a rear rack off the hatch (plastic spoiler makes that tough). If you want to carry bikes on the rear of the car you would have to have one of those Uhaul accessory hitches installed (I think they cost about $200 installed) and then add a hitch-based rack. I have to need for that, our other car is a new Prius, I'll get a Thule clip on rear rack for that (the Prius is compatible with a clip on rear rack).

By believe
on 09/23/11 17:29 PM (PDT)

Try using recirculate when your running it in defrost mode. That way the air conditioning takes the air that is already in the can and continues to dehumidify it. If it gets a little to cool for you, just turn the temp up till your comfortable.

By heyguy
on 09/22/11 06:00 AM (PDT)

How do you carry your bikes?