2011 Lexus CT 200h 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - CT200h

2011 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

CT200h
By rgreen1068 on

2011 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving this for a while, I have to say it has made me happy about this purchase. I had read some reviews on the power / size, comparisons to a Prius and European rivals that concerned me. If excellent gas mileage, decent room and Lexus / Prius reliability (I have seen some of the same Prius drive trains with 300,000 + miles) is what you are after you will be happy. Gas is currently $3.60 / gallon so this takes the sting out of our morning commute by doubling what we were getting. Considered the Mini Countryman as well, but once it is optioned out, you can get a Lexus.

Favorite Features

We love the steering wheel / handling feedback. Also, it is pleasantly easy to drive with no blind spots. The Carmel colored NuLuxe interior gets so many compliments. We still have our LX470 and Sequoia so for carrying 7-8 people or pulling our boat, so for us this will be the commute car. Also, the carseat fits nicely in the middle of the backseat versus putting our little one against the rear door as the Mini Countryman required.

Suggested Improvements

The pricing structure for the options list could be better. I did not necessarily want Navigation but wanted the backup camera.