2011 Lexus CT 200h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:
CT 200h is close to perfect
By ellah on 07/20/11 12:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was looking for a sporty car that was also comfortable, and got good gas mileage and fun to drive. CT 200h fits the bill. Not only are the seats very comfortable, but the controls for the navigation system, etc. are perfectly laid out such that your arm is just naturally in the spot to reach all the controls. Genius layout! Getting 41.5 mpg! The car gets a bit pricey when you add all the options including leather but I'm very happy with it and plan to keep it 5 yrs or so. The only improvements I could make would be to add more cargo space inside (glove box, center console and doors) as well as rear. Unless the back seats are down, it basically just holds groceries. Even so I would buy it!

This Isn't A Sports Car...It's A Sporty Car with Great Mileage and Comfort
By bondguy1 on 07/03/11 07:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is different from most. It is a Lexus so the comfort is great inside as are the appointments. However, it isn't that cushy ride you get in a Lexus ES or LS....you DO feel the road more. The car is scary quiet. The seating position for the driver is excellent. I never feel like I'm in a small car as the seat is very adjustable. Rear seat room, however, is what it is...good for three kids or maybe two adults. Cargo space in the rear is a little tight as well. Trips to Home Depot will be different than if you were in an SUV (but hey, you couldn't get nearly 50 MPG in an SUV either). The mileage is GREAT..better than what Lexus quotes.

Love This Car-Done With Big SUV's
By bondguy1 on 06/09/11 22:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was coming out of a Buick Enclave lease getting 17 MPG--so, going into the Lexus CT200h basically almost tripled my gas mileage. I am still on my first tank of gas and am averaging about 47 MPG (heard that gets better once it's broken in). This car is not the cushy Lexus style ride you'd get if you were in an ES350 or LS460...you feel the road and you sit real low to the road---but hey, it's more like a sportscar feeling without the sportscar speed. Handling is awesome..hang turns like you are driving on rails. Love this car even if it wasn't a hybrid but the fact that it is just makes it that much better. Again, love driving this car.

Love my Ct200h
By chuck2012 on 06/01/11 20:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In the compact, high mileage,near luxury market the CT200h is by itself. I have had mine since mid March. I bought it right after the Tsunami hit as i figured the supply chain would be disrupted for awhile. I could not be happier with the vehicle. I am averaging 49mpg in mixed suburban driving. It sips gas. After 400 miles I put in 8 gallons of regular gas. I love the style of the car. I call it a hybrid with an attitude. It is not a rocket, although the Sport mode (driver selectable by a dial on the console) gives better uphill acceleration. Remember it is a hybrid based on the Prius platform. If you want to decrease your gas consumption and want to do it style, get the Ct200h.

Lexus comfort and great mpg!
By bcompton1 on 04/27/11 16:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is truly a gas "sipper". On my first tank of gas I am averaging 44.1 mpg in mostly city driving. The car is typical Lexus as it is an extremely smooth and quiet ride. Contrary to some of the expert reviews, I find the interior features are conveniently placed and easy to use and the features of the navigation system are very hi tech with current weather, xm sports team features, stocks etc, but unlike my Acura TL, Lexus refuses to allow the driver or passenger to input destinations while the car is in motion. The hands free blue tooth for use of ipod or phone is seamless and the back up camera allows you to get within inches of an object. Overall Lexus did a great!

Lexus comfort and great mpg!
By bcompton1 on 04/27/11 16:04 PM (PDT)

Great hybrid - don't expect "sportcar" performance
By jcpharm on 04/09/11 04:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

i bought this car because i wanted fuel efficiency first and foremost but wanted as sporty a driving-dynamic as was possible - this car delivers.

CT Finally Arrives
By dgstan on 03/20/11 18:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Believe it or not, I've been waiting for this car for about 18 months. Originally, it was considered a "future concept vehicle", so I never really expected it to become a reality. As I racked up miles on my 2005 Prius, I patiently followed this Lexus dream to it's fruition. I find the CT sporty, plush, and quite attractive. At some levels, it does feel somewhat cobbled together (no rear seat cupholders? Really?), but even a cobbled-together Lexus is still a Lexus. The seats are a dream. The interior cabin is well thought-out and you don't sit there wishing they did things differently (other than the missing cupholders). The more I play with the car, the more it surprises me.

Wow, what a great little car.
By travelnman1 on 03/16/11 17:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have previously owned three Lexus vehicles an ES 300, ES 350 and my last car a GS 350 AWD. When the CT 200h came out, I took a test drive and fell in love with the car. I drove it home that day. I liked the looks, red with black leather interior, and sporty. It's very quiet and has the ride quality of the ES 350 I had. You do hear the CVT under acceleration but it quiets down once up to speed. The car's computer indicated I got 44mpg on the first tank of gas. This includes some interstate driving. Currently, it shows 46.5 mpg will do an actual check on my next fillup. Go out and test drive one. Would make a good entry level to Lexus or 2nd vehicle

CT200h
By rgreen1068 on 03/06/11 09:52 AM (PST)

2011 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving this for a while, I have to say it has made me happy about this purchase. I had read some reviews on the power / size, comparisons to a Prius and European rivals that concerned me. If excellent gas mileage, decent room and Lexus / Prius reliability (I have seen some of the same Prius drive trains with 300,000 + miles) is what you are after you will be happy. Gas is currently $3.60 / gallon so this takes the sting out of our morning commute by doubling what we were getting. Considered the Mini Countryman as well, but once it is optioned out, you can get a Lexus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Lexus CT 200h in VA is:

$105 per month*