Used 2011 Lexus CT 200h Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lexus CT 200h Hatchback

View reviews for a specific CT 200h model:

Great Vehicle
By carfan19

2011 Lexus CT 200h Hatchback Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The more I talk to folks, the more I realize some people don't know how to manage their expectations. Having said that, if you're looking for the traditional "Plush" Lexus ride this isn't the car for you. This is a Prius wrapped up in a really nice and sporty car like Lexus package. This combo gives you a good mix of fuel economy, sporty design and great build quality. I'm really searching to find negatives about this car and the only one I can come up with is the lack of HomeLink, which is tied to the navigation package. For a Lexus this should be a standard feature, regardless of package. Other than that, I absolutely love this car.

Favorite Features

Key Fob and keyless entry. Also, interior design and instruments layout.

Loving My 2011 Lexus CT200H ~!
By lexusluvmomma

Purchased a black one (only Black or yellow left... yellow either love or not and I am a... not). Was wanting a Hybrid for a while. Was a Lexus owner already and I needed more space than my IS250 but not neccessarily as much as the RX.This was the perfect combination of the two. Good use of the space with the folding down back row of seats and access through the hatchback... and hey it is a Lexus what's not to love? :0)

Favorite Features

Quiet Quiet Quiet..did I mention QUIET ??The folding back row of seats with the additional storage under the trunk mat is great (definately didn't get that in my IS).I did not get the NAV (only the yellow that were left had the NAV in them) but I love the mounted *phone/gps mount that came with the car.It is the perfect solution especially since I use the GPS on my phone anyways.Love bluetooth options too.The running rail lights are very sporty(very cool at night) & there is the MILEAGE factor.I am averaging 44.6 mpg right now and that includes quite a bit of highway miles in there.Been over a week and I will finally go get gas today.Great luxury for an amazing vehicle with a great price.

Suggested Improvements

Well don't really have any improvements I can really justify. I mean it would be nice if both front seats were fully automated but I understand the reasoning behind it (less weight with motorized seating = more fuel economy) which if you are buying a hybrid is the name of the game. I absolutely LOVE my new car. But as of right now the fact that they( Lexus ) still have not manufactored seat covers to fit the car is a bit of a bummer (especially when you have light tan interior and a messy 10 year old) ... but really if that is the only thing I can find needing improvement....this is me... Winning lol

This car will not disappoint
By lesha2

I love this car. It is a win win all the way. Had to get used to a smaller car as I previously owned an SUV. Got over it pretty fast. Feels very luxurious. It's quiet. It has enough power and is definitely cute.

Favorite Features

Saving money. In Florida I get to drive in the HOV lane with a hybrid car. Does wonders for my commute.

Luv it Luv it
By wisconsinowner

Not much "not" to like about this car. We got the titanium pearl with leather and nav. Handles beautifully. Quiet inside and comfortable. A little tire hum gets inside, but little else. Sportly looks and sporty handling. The eco/normal/sport selector is a bit of a gimmick. The sport mode makes the steering quicker, but as far as acceleration, it just affects how HARD you have to push on the gas pedal to get what you want. Doesn't seem to matter if we're in the city or on the freeway at 60--consistenly get over 45 mpg. Tip in city below about 35 mph: Accelerate moderately up to speed, then back off quickly--flip it into EV (batt) mode and then maintain speed whenever possible.

Favorite Features

Styling, high mpg in both city and hwy. driving, comfortable leather seating, memory seat and side mirror control settings for three persons, handling, space with rear seats down, control layout and dash appearance, Nav/audio/temperature voice commands, heating and air conditioning system, pop-up/down Nav display (it's great to not have a screen staring at you when you don't want it), sound system, impressive acceleration up to 35 mph. Note to Edmunds: reliability entry in comment should be optional...how can you evaluate a vehicle until you've owned it at least a year ???

Suggested Improvements

Reduce tire road hum (maybe not possible with the superb handling system). Nav. system pretty complex. Some voice commands should be more direct without having to go through hierarchical menu phrases. Nav updates too expensive and require dealer installing via disk ?! Should be able to download yourself much cheaper.

Great car
By glf3

I love my new CT200h. I am a little disappointed with the city mileage so far though. I traded in my ES350 which I loved but I am a caregiver for my wife and I don't do much highway driving anymore. I got 32 highway on the ES but only 17 in town. Most of my trips are only 2 to 3 miles one way. This is producing about 38 mpg. I did take a couple of trips over 50 miles of country road driving which gave me 44 mpg. I only have 550 miles on it so far. Hope it gets better but not sure. Might it get better?

Favorite Features

Sport mode is my favorite feature. I also like the screen showing what is driving the car. The nav system is better than the ES too. The seats are very comfortable. The "trunk" space is ok. I can get my golf clubs in on a diagonal with one of the back seats down. I get a kick out of driving the last half mile to my house on EV.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any suggested improvements right now. Ask me in a couple of months.