2015 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

My dream has turned into a nightmare!
By Greg Barsamian

2015 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I am a long time Lexus owner, both SUV and sedans, and stepped into a Range Rover Sport three years ago. Honestly it was the most exciting car I had driven. It is fast, handles like it is on rails and is good looking. So in 2015 I decided to add to my collection with the new HSE. I decided to go for the supercharged 6 for fuel economy since I live in Los Angeles and I am not towing anything. The car is very good looking and I have no issues with the interior finish but I did have an annoying rattle that the dealership can't seem to find and stop and the electronics have frozen up several times and I needed to turn off the car to reboot. Additionally, it takes 1-2 minutes when you start the car to initialize everything so don't try multi-tasking until the car is good and ready. For example, there is no chance of turning down the volume on the radio while activating your seat heaters while backing up. By the way you will do that more than you think.
But the worst is my transmission has gone out three times and on the cars first birthday it got a brand new transmission. Isn't that special. Okay now 10 days after getting the new transmission, I pulled into a restaurant and couldn't get my car out of drive!! It literally wouldn't shift into any gear except Drive and I had to shut the engine off to put it into Park. Bravo the new tranny lasted almost 2 weeks.
So ask yourself why are you buying the car?? You will look hot on your way to the dealership or being towed on a flatbed.

Best vehicle I've ever had
By Michelle Kellams

2015 Land Rover Range Rover SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Currently also have a Mercedes S550, have also had in the past 10 years 2 other S550s, Mercedes ML, Cadillac Escalade, Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Boxster and recently bought this to replace my 2012 RR Sport. Loved the sport but this by far is the best SUV on the market. I never had one issue with my sport and I've not had any issues with this full size either. Gorgeous interior/exterior great ride and height on the road. Only slight negative I can think of is the infotainment is slightly slow when turning down volume/pushing a button. Like a second or two. Overall its pricey but definitely boss.

**update one year later- still love it, still have had 0 problems. The only time it's been back to dealer is for the 15k mile scheduled maintenance/oil change

Slow electronica
By Eric

2015 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

My second Range Rover. Absolutely loved my 2012 sport. The 2015 full size electronics are so poor that it ruins the otherwise great car. Range Rover provides little to no support for this.

Problems after Problems
By WKG

2015 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

Where to begin... 30 days in the shop in counting after 6 months. Electrical issue after electrical issue. You would think a company that values its customers would want to ensure a repeat customer, but after owning 3 land rovers, they don't seem to care. I would not recommend this product upon my worst enemy.

Worst Car Company Ever
By Matt

2015 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Worst car company ever. I too fell for the range rover dream. How do they keep selling these cars.
Most people, like me were too consumed with how it would make them feel to ever read reviews.