Still has reliability problems
By m2140 on
2011 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)
I've had my Range Rover for 6 months and around 10,000 miles on it. In that time I've had 2 major service visits that required the SUV to stay at the dealer a combined total of 3 weeks. On the first visit the engine had an oil leak. A gally plug near the started was the culprit but oil leak Oma brand new engine with on 3000 miles was surprising. At 9500 miles the started showing an error and would not move up or down. Turns out the compressor went bad. Ive also had both seals on the main windows replaced, on the passenger side the mirror had to be replaced all together It's way too many issues for a brand new vehicle this expensive.
Favorite Features
I like the ride quality and material feel and finish and the ventilated seats are excellent. I like the LCD display on the gage cluster and the stereo is one of the best in a vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
The navigation and stereo interface is awful and not on par with competitors like Audi or BMW. The LCD on the gage cluster offers no information from the center navigation console. This is fixed in newer models but it's a big issue on the 2011 models. Lastly I should be getting more technology and reliability for the money