Used 2011 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Still has reliability problems
By m2140

2011 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my Range Rover for 6 months and around 10,000 miles on it. In that time I've had 2 major service visits that required the SUV to stay at the dealer a combined total of 3 weeks. On the first visit the engine had an oil leak. A gally plug near the started was the culprit but oil leak Oma brand new engine with on 3000 miles was surprising. At 9500 miles the started showing an error and would not move up or down. Turns out the compressor went bad. Ive also had both seals on the main windows replaced, on the passenger side the mirror had to be replaced all together It's way too many issues for a brand new vehicle this expensive.

I like the ride quality and material feel and finish and the ventilated seats are excellent. I like the LCD display on the gage cluster and the stereo is one of the best in a vehicle.

The navigation and stereo interface is awful and not on par with competitors like Audi or BMW. The LCD on the gage cluster offers no information from the center navigation console. This is fixed in newer models but it's a big issue on the 2011 models. Lastly I should be getting more technology and reliability for the money

Super all around vehicle, maybe built more for those who go off road...
By rd1059

2011 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car after my wife had a 2010 RR Sport for a year, we both loved it. I needed something a bit larger, so opted for the HSE. I am a bit more used to some technological bells and whistles, but still love this car. First, i find it odd, there is no unlock in park, I later learned even the supercharged does not, just odd. the Nav system's screen is not the greatest, but compared to my 2012 Audi A-6, maybe nothing would. The driving of this car however is amazing, comfortable and powerful, I LOVE IT. However, i have no real off road use for this vehicle, it seems to me a lot of $$ you pay are for those features, and they seem to be plenty. It handles well in snow and ice

power styling transmission, vehicle lowering feature for entry and exit, heated windshield is amazing!!!

Upgrade Nav system to today's standards, Upgrade A/C system as it seems a bit dated with analog dash controls. More driver control features, like unlock in park, add day running lights (rumor has it this is standard in Canada, but the US version does not have it).

Not Worth the Money
By sbohnsack

2011 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 and have had nothing buy issues. With 19,000 miles the rotors are warped and the tech said I am 5,000 miles away from needing back breaks. Before the Rover I had a GMC Denali I still have it. The Denali has 105,000 miles and I still do not need breaks. In addition the Rover Satellite radio and electronic system is a joke for the money you pay. My recommendation is save the money or buy a BMW, Porsche, or Mercedes bottom line the Rover is not worth it.