Satisfied owner
By Aglerote on
2010 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)
This car replaced an MB ML63, one of the best cars I've ever owned but the too-firm ride began to wear me down (and my wife). Fortunately, the RR has a new and nicely-powered supercharged engine for 2010, since it was so easy to get spoiled by and used to the ML. So far, I have been very pleased with the RR. It's not sporty and is all about luxury / comfort; different strokes for different folks. It's basically an S-Class SUV. The RR has only 500 miles on it so far, so I will need to update these initial impressions in a few months. Also, I'll soon be putting on true snow tires (to substitute for the all-season stock tires) and giving it some real-world back-road snow tests.
Favorite Features
Ride quality is excellent. Excellent visibility all-around. Seats are comfortable. Can drive for hours and get out still feeling fresh. Headlights are strong. Stereo good (not great). Cupholders not deep but do grip 20-oz and other bottles very firmly. Power delivery is linear, as is braking.
Suggested Improvements
Key is heavy and bulky. No keyless entry; only keyless start/stop, so a bit of a hassle sometimes if hands full. TFT interface can be a bit confusing / counter-intuitive (as was MB's COMAND). Can't display nav and stereo info at same time. No steering wheel paddles. Car can feel heavy in turns.