8 months into ownership
By Steve S. on
2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)
My 2010 Range Rover is currently sitting at the Hornburg Service center in Los Angeles for warped rotors. This will be the third time in less than 15,000 miles they have been replaced. The brakes are not worn down. I will be opening up a Lemon Law case against Range Rover because of this problem that apparently cannot be fixed. Service manager said my driving habits have cause the rotors to warp every 5,000 miles. My 2008 Range Rover never had any brake or warped rotor issues in the 22,000 miles i drove it for the year I owned it (purchased in 2009 and traded it in for the 2010 model. The other problems are too numerous to list hear. I am shocked and dismayed at Land Rover.
Favorite Features
None left. The stereo that was a $1,200 upgrade rattles, warning lights come & go intermittently, steering wheel turns past 360 degrees, radio goes to default position every time car is started, car shakes violently when emergency braking and slow reverse out of a parking space. The list goes on.
Suggested Improvements
Wait for a totally redesigned vehicle coming in 2013. I was so in love with this car when I purchased my 08' and wanted to upgrade to the 10' model, what a mistake. Anyone who wants to verify everything stated here I will gladly provide to them. How can rotors be warped when the brake pads are fine?
By gardenia1
on 03/20/11 23:20 PM (PDT)

I do not have aftermarket wheels, brakes or brake pads. Everything on my car came from the factory and has only been serviced by the Land Rover dealership service center.

By rhoran1
on 06/28/14 11:55 AM (PDT)

Were you able to come to any resolution? We are having the exact same issue with our 2012. Frustrating.

By ryanextreme
on 03/07/11 10:09 AM (PST)

Do you have aftermarket wheels? Thanks