2010 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Review: Four Months into Ownership

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Review

Four Months into Ownership
By Steve S. on

2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

So 4 months after my first review I still like this vehicle but it has unfortunately been to the dealership for 3 major problems. Electrical problems, workmanship flaws (my entire LCD odometer display was replaced) and little rattles have put a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm for a car that costs so much. The car is beautiful to drive and extremely comfortable, but twice a week to the gas station is unbearable. I am averaging 10.2 miles/gal according to the car's internal meter. The AC is overly complicated. Bluetooth clumsy, I am told I am difficult to hear by the people I call. Navigation is a disaster. as I stated in my earlier review, my Q7 had a much better Nav & blind spot monitor.

I love the interior design and added horsepower (which uses more gas than my previous 08 Range Rover). The car is quiet on the highway and the stereo is great. Steering wheel controls are easy to use as is the touch screen. I like the new grill and headlights which make the car look more updated.

Where do I begin? Body style starting to look dated. Desperate need for a hybrid or diesel engine. Driving this SUV right now with what is happening in the world is embarrassing. The multiple trips to the pump has made me reevaluate this vehicle. My dealership is obviously frustrated with this car.