2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
Range Rover Autobiography Surprises
By baron58 on 06/16/11 14:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Last year I bought a R/R Autobiography. Stornaway Grey with Ivory hide/black stitched and Piano Black wood........and what a car! Land Rover have produced the 4WD Bentley. The overall finish is amazing, perfect paint, near perfect body shut-lines. Not Lexus-like but amazingly close.......and this is a Range Rover!! The 4.2l supercharged V8 is superb, the ZF auto brilliant. Ride excellent although a bit of body roll due to weight and high c of g. Does not handle as well as the Sport. Ride comfort and silence at all speeds and road surfaces is world class. High spec level for this model in Australia leaves nothing to be desired. At Au$230,000 Land Rover's pricing is over the top.

Great look and feel, not worth the price
By MG on 08/20/10 00:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned this car for almost 1 year. It is great to look and drive, has a solid, smooth ride, doesn't feel like you're driving a 3 ton car.I've had many comments from other riders about the smooth ride. Offroading is no trouble at all. For the price however, I've had too many little things go wrong. My back up camera has reset, so it is reversed its image and the lines that show where you are heading are gone. You don't know what station you are listening to when the Nav screen is up kills me. Voice activation of the system is poor. Can't find any POI's. the seat heater in the back is labeled blue and red, so why doesn't it cool like the front seats?

Crazy in love
By KIT SCHREINER on 07/07/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love the look, I love the roar, I love the thrill, I love the ride. This is without a doubt my favorite machine. It is as close to an orgasmic experience as you can get even my toes tingle when I lay down the throttle. It exceeds ALL my driving expectations and experiences, including my X Mercedes SL500 and an X Cadillac Escalade EXT. At the moment I am not concerned with reliability because I am enjoying the ride which doesn't come cheap, or easy! It was in the shop yesterday for an update to the computer and it pained me to drive their loaner HSE something. And then my eyes fixed on this gorgeous piece of equipment heading my way and it was my Rover. Hello Darling!

Love hate relationship
By Russ on 06/02/10 17:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car is excellent on streets, but it ends there. Horrible reliability and it can barely go over a pothole. It's simple to fix to- Front and rear differentials! Go with the G Class instead.

Fantastic First Car
By Harvard AMG on 02/06/10 13:08 PM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love this vehicle. I truly adore it. The engine is sometimes hard to control, especially for a teen driver, but I still believe that using it for everyday use is not only feasible, but encouraged. There are a few issues with reliability, such as an issue with the gearbox. But, I love to drive it around town. Fuel economy is a little dismal, but the Supercharged engine is worth it. I recommend buying it used. My parents purchased the car for me with 2,000 miles on it. My other choices were the GL450 (the front grille of the 550 irritated me), The X6 M, or the E63 AMG Wagon. Given that Range Rover had the most prestige, luxury, and the most advanced technology.

Satisfied owner
By Aglerote on 10/13/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car replaced an MB ML63, one of the best cars I've ever owned but the too-firm ride began to wear me down (and my wife). Fortunately, the RR has a new and nicely-powered supercharged engine for 2010, since it was so easy to get spoiled by and used to the ML. So far, I have been very pleased with the RR. It's not sporty and is all about luxury / comfort; different strokes for different folks. It's basically an S-Class SUV. The RR has only 500 miles on it so far, so I will need to update these initial impressions in a few months. Also, I'll soon be putting on true snow tires (to substitute for the all-season stock tires) and giving it some real-world back-road snow tests.

not satisfied
By Nasser on 09/27/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

My first RR , i was expecting more luxury given the price i am paying - i should admite that power is impressive but gear change when you need the power is delayed - decided to give it to my wife and keep my 2006 Cadillac STS 4W 8V - can find a better sound system in a 20000 $ car ,make sure to know your service dealer basic knowlege about clients satisfaction ( most of RR dealers are too busy to care )

Great first impression
By CJ on 09/18/09 23:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I'll revisit the review once I own this RR a bit longer, but I took the 2010 SC a couple days ago and it's incredible. I've used this site a great deal - and thought I'd share the initial impressions for the 2010SC RR. Tons of power, actually rears back when you really step on it, a bit more body sway than you'd like, incredible interior, new nav/audio is best in class, (we have a porsche and bmw current year to compare with). All together - classy ride, very smooth, don't mistake it for a sport SUV - but the best at what it is supposed to be. Power, luxury, comfort, and classic styling. Loving it.

Haven't bought yet but...
By IDriveAnM5 on 09/16/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

My wife and hadn't yet found a car that we both agree is truly great. Until we drove the 2010 Supercharged Range Rover. This will be her car (I have an S-Class Mercedes and a BMW M5) and is enough to entice her out of her Lexus RX 350. She drove the new X5 and the GL 550 and found both to be too harsh. She loves the smoothness of the Rangie, the spaciousness, the interior, and the outward visibility (she's small). I like the fact that it jumps when I give it a full boot and doesn't make me want to hurt myself everytime I drive it (like her Lexus does). The Supercharged RR blends luxury, power, and style in a way that few others can. This really is a truly amazing car that I dream of fondly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Suv in VA is:

$176 per month*