Used 2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Trouble free 2010 Range Rover HSE
By riversider

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely no problems with my 2010 HSE after owning it for about 10 months, none ! Yes the gas mileage is not good but I knew that going in. I have enjoyed the vehicle tremendously, and the admiring stares I get while driving it is an added plus. Brown/bronze color ( bourneville) with brown leather interior piped in cream has elicited many many compliments. If anything, the engine doesn't idle quietly and silently as some luxury vehicles do. I love the car, who knew driving a vehicle would make people turn their heads or turn around and look when they pass you ??

Favorite Features

fantasic ride, ultra smooth and quiet, very powerful V8, I have the HSE didnt feel I needed the supercharged, cameras all around, sensors all around, amazingly smooth gear shift. Love the English accent Nav. voice.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear cargo door, Lights which turn themselves off at night when the vehicle is shut off, different dash icons for when headlights are on normal versus auto-dim. ( they are the same ) , using nav./Ipod/and some general dash screen functions seem clunky and need to be simplified.

2010 Range Rover Super Charged! Amazing!
By twedell3

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Owning a Range Rover was always something I hoped to do. It was worth the wait! I was a good girl and test drove other SUV's to make all the necessary comparisons ... but of course found that no other car compared! I bought it new and have had very little shop time. In just over 4 years ... A rear camera, brakes, oil changes. Mostly basic stuff. This ride is amazing inside and out. Paint and exterior styling stand out against the rest, and the interior is heaven. Luxurious and beautiful! Not to mention the power and smooth handling. Hard to believe it's weighs as much as it does. You would never know. I wouldn't trade it! Happy Customer!

Favorite Features

What's not to like. It's just one beautiful power house! Works for me!

Suggested Improvements

I seriously wouldn't change a thing. The only complaint I ever have is when I have to take it in for service and leave it behind.

Range Rover Autobiography Surprises
By baron58

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Last year I bought a R/R Autobiography. Stornaway Grey with Ivory hide/black stitched and Piano Black wood........and what a car! Land Rover have produced the 4WD Bentley. The overall finish is amazing, perfect paint, near perfect body shut-lines. Not Lexus-like but amazingly close.......and this is a Range Rover!! The 4.2l supercharged V8 is superb, the ZF auto brilliant. Ride excellent although a bit of body roll due to weight and high c of g. Does not handle as well as the Sport. Ride comfort and silence at all speeds and road surfaces is world class. High spec level for this model in Australia leaves nothing to be desired. At Au$230,000 Land Rover's pricing is over the top.

Favorite Features

Finish, ride quality, standard equipment, power via quality engine and transmission shared with Jaguar.

Suggested Improvements

Freshen up exterior design, becoming a little dated now.

8 months into ownership
By Steve S.

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My 2010 Range Rover is currently sitting at the Hornburg Service center in Los Angeles for warped rotors. This will be the third time in less than 15,000 miles they have been replaced. The brakes are not worn down. I will be opening up a Lemon Law case against Range Rover because of this problem that apparently cannot be fixed. Service manager said my driving habits have cause the rotors to warp every 5,000 miles. My 2008 Range Rover never had any brake or warped rotor issues in the 22,000 miles i drove it for the year I owned it (purchased in 2009 and traded it in for the 2010 model. The other problems are too numerous to list hear. I am shocked and dismayed at Land Rover.

Favorite Features

None left. The stereo that was a $1,200 upgrade rattles, warning lights come & go intermittently, steering wheel turns past 360 degrees, radio goes to default position every time car is started, car shakes violently when emergency braking and slow reverse out of a parking space. The list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Wait for a totally redesigned vehicle coming in 2013. I was so in love with this car when I purchased my 08' and wanted to upgrade to the 10' model, what a mistake. Anyone who wants to verify everything stated here I will gladly provide to them. How can rotors be warped when the brake pads are fine?

Special car
By Tom d

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second RR and the 2010 model is a big step up in power and ride. Trips to distant hockey rinks are a joy. When you exit this car after a long trip you feel great because th ride is extraordinary. The power is simply amazing. Yes expect a few gremlins. We have had the back up camera replaced twice and I do think the bluetooth is relatively weak. This car is special. People who can afford this car can buy any SUV, don' t think they drive RR just for prestige. It is truly unlike any other!

Favorite Features

Power, ride quality, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Electronics