2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Land-rover Range-rover - Consumer Reviews

2010 Range Rover Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Sort Reviews by

2010 Range Rover Super Charged! Amazing!
By twedell3

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Owning a Range Rover was always something I hoped to do. It was worth the wait! I was a good girl and test drove other SUV's to make all the necessary comparisons ... but of course found that no other car compared! I bought it new and have had very little shop time. In just over 4 years ... A rear camera, brakes, oil changes. Mostly basic stuff. This ride is amazing inside and out. Paint and exterior styling stand out against the rest, and the interior is heaven. Luxurious and beautiful! Not to mention the power and smooth handling. Hard to believe it's weighs as much as it does. You would never know. I wouldn't trade it! Happy Customer!

Favorite Features

What's not to like. It's just one beautiful power house! Works for me!

Suggested Improvements

I seriously wouldn't change a thing. The only complaint I ever have is when I have to take it in for service and leave it behind.

Getting Most out of a Range Rover
By optimaldriver

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

A Range Rover will give back what you give it-drive it gently for first 500 miles ideally on a long trip where you vary your speed. When cold it will use a lot of gas so don't idle. Use synthetic oil always. We get 20+ MPH on highway, 18 around town, no problems in first 30 K miles. No other vehicle has this kind of comfort and luxury. Almost silent on highway, no wind noise unlike a Lexus. No downshifting when you brake going downhill like a Lexus. No service every 5K like a Lexus! This vehicle is brilliant in snow or anything you throw at it. Warm it up gently and treat it with respect and you will be generously rewarded! Abuse it and one of its million parts will fail!

Favorite Features

Interior quality, quiet at any speed, visibility, tons of features, back seat comfort, back seat air and heated seats, steering is wonderfully direct for a large SUV, excellent in snow, brakes are nicely modulated, acceleration of normal version is excellent. Quality of build is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Engine a little noisy when cold, OEM tires get noisy as they wear, brakes a little spongy, nav system a bit dated.

Range Rover Autobiography Surprises
By baron58

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Last year I bought a R/R Autobiography. Stornaway Grey with Ivory hide/black stitched and Piano Black wood........and what a car! Land Rover have produced the 4WD Bentley. The overall finish is amazing, perfect paint, near perfect body shut-lines. Not Lexus-like but amazingly close.......and this is a Range Rover!! The 4.2l supercharged V8 is superb, the ZF auto brilliant. Ride excellent although a bit of body roll due to weight and high c of g. Does not handle as well as the Sport. Ride comfort and silence at all speeds and road surfaces is world class. High spec level for this model in Australia leaves nothing to be desired. At Au$230,000 Land Rover's pricing is over the top.

Favorite Features

Finish, ride quality, standard equipment, power via quality engine and transmission shared with Jaguar.

Suggested Improvements

Freshen up exterior design, becoming a little dated now.

Trouble free 2010 Range Rover HSE
By riversider

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely no problems with my 2010 HSE after owning it for about 10 months, none ! Yes the gas mileage is not good but I knew that going in. I have enjoyed the vehicle tremendously, and the admiring stares I get while driving it is an added plus. Brown/bronze color ( bourneville) with brown leather interior piped in cream has elicited many many compliments. If anything, the engine doesn't idle quietly and silently as some luxury vehicles do. I love the car, who knew driving a vehicle would make people turn their heads or turn around and look when they pass you ??

Favorite Features

fantasic ride, ultra smooth and quiet, very powerful V8, I have the HSE didnt feel I needed the supercharged, cameras all around, sensors all around, amazingly smooth gear shift. Love the English accent Nav. voice.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear cargo door, Lights which turn themselves off at night when the vehicle is shut off, different dash icons for when headlights are on normal versus auto-dim. ( they are the same ) , using nav./Ipod/and some general dash screen functions seem clunky and need to be simplified.

Special car
By Tom d

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second RR and the 2010 model is a big step up in power and ride. Trips to distant hockey rinks are a joy. When you exit this car after a long trip you feel great because th ride is extraordinary. The power is simply amazing. Yes expect a few gremlins. We have had the back up camera replaced twice and I do think the bluetooth is relatively weak. This car is special. People who can afford this car can buy any SUV, don' t think they drive RR just for prestige. It is truly unlike any other!

Favorite Features

Power, ride quality, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Electronics

8 months into ownership
By Steve S.

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My 2010 Range Rover is currently sitting at the Hornburg Service center in Los Angeles for warped rotors. This will be the third time in less than 15,000 miles they have been replaced. The brakes are not worn down. I will be opening up a Lemon Law case against Range Rover because of this problem that apparently cannot be fixed. Service manager said my driving habits have cause the rotors to warp every 5,000 miles. My 2008 Range Rover never had any brake or warped rotor issues in the 22,000 miles i drove it for the year I owned it (purchased in 2009 and traded it in for the 2010 model. The other problems are too numerous to list hear. I am shocked and dismayed at Land Rover.

Favorite Features

None left. The stereo that was a $1,200 upgrade rattles, warning lights come & go intermittently, steering wheel turns past 360 degrees, radio goes to default position every time car is started, car shakes violently when emergency braking and slow reverse out of a parking space. The list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Wait for a totally redesigned vehicle coming in 2013. I was so in love with this car when I purchased my 08' and wanted to upgrade to the 10' model, what a mistake. Anyone who wants to verify everything stated here I will gladly provide to them. How can rotors be warped when the brake pads are fine?

Extrememly satisfied
By cewilder21

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I am so very please with the Land Rover we just bought! It is such a beautiful vehicle and very smooth riding! Land Rover of Cary was helpful in my decision making choices of which way to go. The customer service at Land Rover of Cary was highly exceptional as well as the salesman. He was able to answer all of our questions and very knowledgeable about the vehicle. A big thank you to him! I would recommend anyone to go to Land Rover of Cary--they are the best!

Buyer beware of Maint cost
By Turbs

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Buyers should be aware that the maintenance cost for the Range Rovers are huge. Count on replacing brakes and tires every 20 to 30k miles. I am told by my dealership that this "is to be expected."

Favorite Features

Luxury

Suggested Improvements

Reliability and maintenance

Rover needs to step up electronics!
By Candace R.

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Unfortunately, I have had nothing but problems w/ the electrical & BlueTooth systems. Rover has been back to the dealer going on 3 times now. The speakers rattle horribly & the BlueTooth has so much static & drops calls so often that I have unlinked my phone. The phone system would also allow me to pick up calls, but then my callers could not hear me & I would have to pick up & speak through my cell. The camera dies out sometimes, but always seems to come to life when I schedule service. Pixels on display disappear or spread out occasionally. The driver settings clear out everytime I get out of the car. It's a real shame because the car is BEAUTIFUL & so much fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Pick up and handling are AMAZING!

Suggested Improvements

Entire electrical system! All I ask is to have the same perks as a Ford Fiesta! Should be able to view GPS/Radio split screen. Scroll through all radio stations w/out having to hit display to move to next band. Add phonebook scroll back to steering wheel. Automatic liftgate would be nice.

Great look and feel, not worth the price
By MG

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned this car for almost 1 year. It is great to look and drive, has a solid, smooth ride, doesn't feel like you're driving a 3 ton car.I've had many comments from other riders about the smooth ride. Offroading is no trouble at all. For the price however, I've had too many little things go wrong. My back up camera has reset, so it is reversed its image and the lines that show where you are heading are gone. You don't know what station you are listening to when the Nav screen is up kills me. Voice activation of the system is poor. Can't find any POI's. the seat heater in the back is labeled blue and red, so why doesn't it cool like the front seats?

Favorite Features

Solid drive, smooth, but can really move when you want it to. Offroading is simple and feel very secure and stable in grass, dirt, snow. Rear entertainment system is good, except you have to turn up the volume for a movie, then turn it down when you go back to radio.

Suggested Improvements

Better repair process through LR. Better Nav, better voice controls. Better use of the neat computer screen odometer, ability to customize. LR ran out of the 5 view camera system due to high demand - reminds me of Apple and not making enough iphone 4's. automatic start, option for power trunk lift