2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
Range Rover Autobiography Surprises
By baron58 on 06/16/11 14:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Last year I bought a R/R Autobiography. Stornaway Grey with Ivory hide/black stitched and Piano Black wood........and what a car! Land Rover have produced the 4WD Bentley. The overall finish is amazing, perfect paint, near perfect body shut-lines. Not Lexus-like but amazingly close.......and this is a Range Rover!! The 4.2l supercharged V8 is superb, the ZF auto brilliant. Ride excellent although a bit of body roll due to weight and high c of g. Does not handle as well as the Sport. Ride comfort and silence at all speeds and road surfaces is world class. High spec level for this model in Australia leaves nothing to be desired. At Au$230,000 Land Rover's pricing is over the top.

Trouble free 2010 Range Rover HSE
By riversider on 02/08/11 12:28 PM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely no problems with my 2010 HSE after owning it for about 10 months, none ! Yes the gas mileage is not good but I knew that going in. I have enjoyed the vehicle tremendously, and the admiring stares I get while driving it is an added plus. Brown/bronze color ( bourneville) with brown leather interior piped in cream has elicited many many compliments. If anything, the engine doesn't idle quietly and silently as some luxury vehicles do. I love the car, who knew driving a vehicle would make people turn their heads or turn around and look when they pass you ??

Special car
By Tom d on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second RR and the 2010 model is a big step up in power and ride. Trips to distant hockey rinks are a joy. When you exit this car after a long trip you feel great because th ride is extraordinary. The power is simply amazing. Yes expect a few gremlins. We have had the back up camera replaced twice and I do think the bluetooth is relatively weak. This car is special. People who can afford this car can buy any SUV, don' t think they drive RR just for prestige. It is truly unlike any other!

8 months into ownership
By Steve S. on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My 2010 Range Rover is currently sitting at the Hornburg Service center in Los Angeles for warped rotors. This will be the third time in less than 15,000 miles they have been replaced. The brakes are not worn down. I will be opening up a Lemon Law case against Range Rover because of this problem that apparently cannot be fixed. Service manager said my driving habits have cause the rotors to warp every 5,000 miles. My 2008 Range Rover never had any brake or warped rotor issues in the 22,000 miles i drove it for the year I owned it (purchased in 2009 and traded it in for the 2010 model. The other problems are too numerous to list hear. I am shocked and dismayed at Land Rover.

Extrememly satisfied
By cewilder21 on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I am so very please with the Land Rover we just bought! It is such a beautiful vehicle and very smooth riding! Land Rover of Cary was helpful in my decision making choices of which way to go. The customer service at Land Rover of Cary was highly exceptional as well as the salesman. He was able to answer all of our questions and very knowledgeable about the vehicle. A big thank you to him! I would recommend anyone to go to Land Rover of Cary--they are the best!

Buyer beware of Maint cost
By Turbs on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Buyers should be aware that the maintenance cost for the Range Rovers are huge. Count on replacing brakes and tires every 20 to 30k miles. I am told by my dealership that this "is to be expected."

Rover needs to step up electronics!
By Candace R. on 08/20/10 12:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Unfortunately, I have had nothing but problems w/ the electrical & BlueTooth systems. Rover has been back to the dealer going on 3 times now. The speakers rattle horribly & the BlueTooth has so much static & drops calls so often that I have unlinked my phone. The phone system would also allow me to pick up calls, but then my callers could not hear me & I would have to pick up & speak through my cell. The camera dies out sometimes, but always seems to come to life when I schedule service. Pixels on display disappear or spread out occasionally. The driver settings clear out everytime I get out of the car. It's a real shame because the car is BEAUTIFUL & so much fun to drive!

Great look and feel, not worth the price
By MG on 08/20/10 00:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned this car for almost 1 year. It is great to look and drive, has a solid, smooth ride, doesn't feel like you're driving a 3 ton car.I've had many comments from other riders about the smooth ride. Offroading is no trouble at all. For the price however, I've had too many little things go wrong. My back up camera has reset, so it is reversed its image and the lines that show where you are heading are gone. You don't know what station you are listening to when the Nav screen is up kills me. Voice activation of the system is poor. Can't find any POI's. the seat heater in the back is labeled blue and red, so why doesn't it cool like the front seats?

Four Months into Ownership
By Steve S. on 07/13/10 01:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

So 4 months after my first review I still like this vehicle but it has unfortunately been to the dealership for 3 major problems. Electrical problems, workmanship flaws (my entire LCD odometer display was replaced) and little rattles have put a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm for a car that costs so much. The car is beautiful to drive and extremely comfortable, but twice a week to the gas station is unbearable. I am averaging 10.2 miles/gal according to the car's internal meter. The AC is overly complicated. Bluetooth clumsy, I am told I am difficult to hear by the people I call. Navigation is a disaster. as I stated in my earlier review, my Q7 had a much better Nav & blind spot monitor.

Crazy in love
By KIT SCHREINER on 07/07/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love the look, I love the roar, I love the thrill, I love the ride. This is without a doubt my favorite machine. It is as close to an orgasmic experience as you can get even my toes tingle when I lay down the throttle. It exceeds ALL my driving expectations and experiences, including my X Mercedes SL500 and an X Cadillac Escalade EXT. At the moment I am not concerned with reliability because I am enjoying the ride which doesn't come cheap, or easy! It was in the shop yesterday for an update to the computer and it pained me to drive their loaner HSE something. And then my eyes fixed on this gorgeous piece of equipment heading my way and it was my Rover. Hello Darling!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Suv in VA is:

$176 per month*