Used 2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Special car
By Tom d

2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second RR and the 2010 model is a big step up in power and ride. Trips to distant hockey rinks are a joy. When you exit this car after a long trip you feel great because th ride is extraordinary. The power is simply amazing. Yes expect a few gremlins. We have had the back up camera replaced twice and I do think the bluetooth is relatively weak. This car is special. People who can afford this car can buy any SUV, don' t think they drive RR just for prestige. It is truly unlike any other!

Favorite Features

Power, ride quality, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Electronics

Getting Most out of a Range Rover
By optimaldriver

2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

A Range Rover will give back what you give it-drive it gently for first 500 miles ideally on a long trip where you vary your speed. When cold it will use a lot of gas so don't idle. Use synthetic oil always. We get 20+ MPH on highway, 18 around town, no problems in first 30 K miles. No other vehicle has this kind of comfort and luxury. Almost silent on highway, no wind noise unlike a Lexus. No downshifting when you brake going downhill like a Lexus. No service every 5K like a Lexus! This vehicle is brilliant in snow or anything you throw at it. Warm it up gently and treat it with respect and you will be generously rewarded! Abuse it and one of its million parts will fail!

Favorite Features

Interior quality, quiet at any speed, visibility, tons of features, back seat comfort, back seat air and heated seats, steering is wonderfully direct for a large SUV, excellent in snow, brakes are nicely modulated, acceleration of normal version is excellent. Quality of build is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Engine a little noisy when cold, OEM tires get noisy as they wear, brakes a little spongy, nav system a bit dated.

Trouble free 2010 Range Rover HSE
By riversider

2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely no problems with my 2010 HSE after owning it for about 10 months, none ! Yes the gas mileage is not good but I knew that going in. I have enjoyed the vehicle tremendously, and the admiring stares I get while driving it is an added plus. Brown/bronze color ( bourneville) with brown leather interior piped in cream has elicited many many compliments. If anything, the engine doesn't idle quietly and silently as some luxury vehicles do. I love the car, who knew driving a vehicle would make people turn their heads or turn around and look when they pass you ??

Favorite Features

fantasic ride, ultra smooth and quiet, very powerful V8, I have the HSE didnt feel I needed the supercharged, cameras all around, sensors all around, amazingly smooth gear shift. Love the English accent Nav. voice.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear cargo door, Lights which turn themselves off at night when the vehicle is shut off, different dash icons for when headlights are on normal versus auto-dim. ( they are the same ) , using nav./Ipod/and some general dash screen functions seem clunky and need to be simplified.

Extrememly satisfied
By cewilder21

2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I am so very please with the Land Rover we just bought! It is such a beautiful vehicle and very smooth riding! Land Rover of Cary was helpful in my decision making choices of which way to go. The customer service at Land Rover of Cary was highly exceptional as well as the salesman. He was able to answer all of our questions and very knowledgeable about the vehicle. A big thank you to him! I would recommend anyone to go to Land Rover of Cary--they are the best!

8 months into ownership
By Steve S.

2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My 2010 Range Rover is currently sitting at the Hornburg Service center in Los Angeles for warped rotors. This will be the third time in less than 15,000 miles they have been replaced. The brakes are not worn down. I will be opening up a Lemon Law case against Range Rover because of this problem that apparently cannot be fixed. Service manager said my driving habits have cause the rotors to warp every 5,000 miles. My 2008 Range Rover never had any brake or warped rotor issues in the 22,000 miles i drove it for the year I owned it (purchased in 2009 and traded it in for the 2010 model. The other problems are too numerous to list hear. I am shocked and dismayed at Land Rover.

Favorite Features

None left. The stereo that was a $1,200 upgrade rattles, warning lights come & go intermittently, steering wheel turns past 360 degrees, radio goes to default position every time car is started, car shakes violently when emergency braking and slow reverse out of a parking space. The list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Wait for a totally redesigned vehicle coming in 2013. I was so in love with this car when I purchased my 08' and wanted to upgrade to the 10' model, what a mistake. Anyone who wants to verify everything stated here I will gladly provide to them. How can rotors be warped when the brake pads are fine?