2008 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
LOVE it!
By JDH on 04/11/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Wow, what an amazing car. I love everything about it! Gas mileage is expected, but we knew that going into the purchase. After coming from an 02 LX470 and handing it down to our daughter, this is a definite improvement. By far the nicest car we have ever purchased. Luxury, yes. But, living in AZ, we have taken it off-roading a few times. Very capable as that was what the car was built for. It's too bad that most of these don't leave the pavement and parking lots, owners don't know what they're missing. Have yet to experience the "legendary reliability", as we haven't had one issue yet other than routine maintenance (purchased 6/08). Even so, it can't be worse than our 750li.

after a year, not a single problem...
By iainmc on 04/08/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am very surprised (especially considering my previous experience with a '98 rr hse) that i have not had a single problem with my 2008 rr hse. It's been great.

Awesome
By BDUB on 12/07/08 07:42 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Just ended a 3 yr. lease of Lexus GX470. No comparison between that and the my new RR S/C. I was deciding between the RR and the Mercedes GL450. The Rover without question the best looking and driving SUV on the road. BTW, if you can spend the extra bucks, the bigger engine in the S/C is definitely worth the upgrade. Don't know about the legendary reliability issues yet, but I'm willing to take my chances.

Worth the Price
By Dr.Vin on 11/14/08 18:33 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Terrific vehicle. Loved my GX470, but the RR HSE is simply another level. Too new to comment on reliability, but so far, it's all good. Interior is far nicer than that of any other vehicle in the segment. Can't wait for foul weather to test the Terrain Response System.

Best over
By Donnie on 10/11/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Owned previous model, 2004 before interior update and this one is the best ever. Even the floor mats exude quality. Fit and finish is probably the best I've seen in a long time. Owned Lexus LX470 and it is just a plastic Toyota upside this vehicle. The constrasting stitching, smooth drivetrain is second to none. Expensive, but worth every penny!

Smash Hit and Fun in every way!
By atf on 07/09/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Fit and finish is great. Once you sit inside you are impressed. This car has it all plus character! Power is great! The sound system is second to none...simply the best. Steering is supurb. Comfort for all passengers. AC in the seats. This car will wow you!

The Best Car I'ver Ever Owned
By LeavingLaguna on 06/13/08 10:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Having driven Mercedes cars for the past 15 years I was nervous about trying something different. I am totally in love with this vehicle. It screams class. The ride is superb. I feel like royalty. The fit and finish is awesome. It's no green machine but I get about 17 miles to the gallon which is better than I expected. I was shocked to read some of the experiences other people have had. This car is very reliable - even better than my S-Class. Anyway, I do have a few grumbles (see suggested improvements)

2008 Range Rover best ever
By jeff brother on 05/19/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best suv I have ever driven. I have owned several Mercedes and Lexus, nothing compares to my Range Rover. Awesome ride and comfort from the interior. I am hooked for life.

My 2008 Range Rover a Supercharged Lemon
By rover73 on 04/29/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is a $96,000 LEMON! I bought it new in January 2008 and from day one it has had many issues. The first week we discovered it had a cracked exhaust system that need to be replaced. The drivers ventilated heated/cooled seat was not working and after many attempts it had to be completely replaced. The rear brake light had filled with water after it rained so that had to be replaced. The adaptive head-lights that are supposed to turn as you go around a corner they ended up being "cross eyed" so they replaced the entire passenger side head-light assembly. The memory functions for the seats, radio and steering wheel have never worked properly. Search user rover73 on you tube for my video.

Great Car
By Donselya on 04/05/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought a Westminster edition last January. No problems so far. Very fun to drive and definitely a head turner. I also love the ride quality. Quite expensive though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.