Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

08 Supercharged
By tm

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Fourth Range Rover. Supercharged is very powerful with a great drive' look and fit. Nevertheless, terrible reliability!!! Blocks on supercharged not moulded properly. No car for a month while engine repaired. Good warranty but have to spend around $300 at every visit for tire rotation ect. Next problem occured while on interstate as power decreased while in fast lane. Supercharer pump and electrical problem. Unfortunately, dealer where Rover was purchased went out of business and car must be sent 70 miles to nearest dealer. Lots of money for such poor reliability but if near a dealership and admire vehicle, grab one. GREATEST ADVICE, trade before warranty expires!!!!!

Favorite Features

Power, interior fit and overall look.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability!!!

Love it
By Jay

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had the car for six months. No issues to speak of. car had a bad window seal which was repaired at purchase. Otherwise, no issues. Car is very quiet and fit and finish is ex excellent. Beutiful and roomy interior. Outstanding sound system. kids love DVD in rear seats. Navigation is easy to use. i don't like voice command. often doesn't understand me. Very fun to drive. Wants to go off- road but is Lexus quiet. Only car that I have had (and I have had some nice vehicles) that I truly enjoy as much now as I did when I purchased it. Hopefully, I will continue to have good luck with it.

Favorite Features

Sound system and interior fit and finish. Great ride quality and very quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Ipod interaction. I think the new one has this feature.

The best car ifproblems not existed
By George

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love driving this car. The feeling , the interior design and quality, the speed of the supercharce+ 400 bhp, and space are top of the range . but mechnical probelms exists. rover company need to do something about it.

Favorite Features

everything except daily mechanical problems

Suggested Improvements

rover company should hire some japanese mechanics to fix their problems.

Waste time going back & forwd to dealer
By Lemon

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What the....this guys writing about excellent car seems like from marketing department to counter bad feedback AC leak into interior carpet. Gas suspension dead one after another. Gas pump kaput. Radio/Audio need to be reset by dealer for some strange reason this is just some. Going back and forward to dealer ship like i have free time to burn. Thats why the sales never top BMW or Lexus as a new comer finally I settle with Lexus No Headache at all.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

need to go back to drawing board or just dont used computer on the vehicle at all. Ah no time to write more but trust me i will be 10+ great review with 10 at the scale........hehehehe shame on you we not a fool grown up already

Love this thing
By Thomas M

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this thing. It feels very responsive and comfort is second to none. We have put 25,000 miles on this thing since September and have had no problems this far. My previous vehicles were an 08 Cayenne and an 04 Jeep Wrangler. The Rover doesn;t handle as good on the road(its not a porsche) but I feel more at ease knowing I am in one of the best off road vehicles in the market and it is a hell of a lot more comfortable then the Jeep.

Favorite Features

Status symbol quality. Very traditional and stylish exterior. It's the type of vehicle that never goes out of style. Lowering the suspension makes it easier for the kids to get in an out. The interior is beautiful. Can see every corner of the vehicle from the drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

Front defroster shuts off automatically, down hill desent button is in bad spot, rear seat tilts up making it hard to put in the baby car seat. Third row seat would be great. The worst dealer service I have ever encountered. For what you pay you would expect a lot more. Had better service from Jeep.