2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
Excellent to drive if not for twrrible problems
By bns2013 on 07/02/13 06:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought the 2008 supercharged with 8000kms and have been using it for 1 year now....Done just 25000km as of now. Excellent car to drive but with problems of transmission. Gear change was knocking at low speeds. Took the car twice to the agents but came back saying nothing is wrong wasting my time. Third time, I had to insist them to do a proper check and they found that there were residue in the transmission oil. They changed the full transmission (at least this is what they said) and released the vehicle after keeping it for 10 days. Was driving good for 3 months and then came the problem again. Took it to the agent and they have to replace transmission again..8 days and still with agent...

08 Supercharged
By tm on 12/31/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Fourth Range Rover. Supercharged is very powerful with a great drive' look and fit. Nevertheless, terrible reliability!!! Blocks on supercharged not moulded properly. No car for a month while engine repaired. Good warranty but have to spend around $300 at every visit for tire rotation ect. Next problem occured while on interstate as power decreased while in fast lane. Supercharer pump and electrical problem. Unfortunately, dealer where Rover was purchased went out of business and car must be sent 70 miles to nearest dealer. Lots of money for such poor reliability but if near a dealership and admire vehicle, grab one. GREATEST ADVICE, trade before warranty expires!!!!!

Love it
By Jay on 10/10/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had the car for six months. No issues to speak of. car had a bad window seal which was repaired at purchase. Otherwise, no issues. Car is very quiet and fit and finish is ex excellent. Beutiful and roomy interior. Outstanding sound system. kids love DVD in rear seats. Navigation is easy to use. i don't like voice command. often doesn't understand me. Very fun to drive. Wants to go off- road but is Lexus quiet. Only car that I have had (and I have had some nice vehicles) that I truly enjoy as much now as I did when I purchased it. Hopefully, I will continue to have good luck with it.

The best car ifproblems not existed
By George on 09/29/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love driving this car. The feeling , the interior design and quality, the speed of the supercharce+ 400 bhp, and space are top of the range . but mechnical probelms exists. rover company need to do something about it.

Awesome
By BDUB on 12/07/08 07:42 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Just ended a 3 yr. lease of Lexus GX470. No comparison between that and the my new RR S/C. I was deciding between the RR and the Mercedes GL450. The Rover without question the best looking and driving SUV on the road. BTW, if you can spend the extra bucks, the bigger engine in the S/C is definitely worth the upgrade. Don't know about the legendary reliability issues yet, but I'm willing to take my chances.

Smash Hit and Fun in every way!
By atf on 07/09/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Fit and finish is great. Once you sit inside you are impressed. This car has it all plus character! Power is great! The sound system is second to none...simply the best. Steering is supurb. Comfort for all passengers. AC in the seats. This car will wow you!

My 2008 Range Rover a Supercharged Lemon
By rover73 on 04/29/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is a $96,000 LEMON! I bought it new in January 2008 and from day one it has had many issues. The first week we discovered it had a cracked exhaust system that need to be replaced. The drivers ventilated heated/cooled seat was not working and after many attempts it had to be completely replaced. The rear brake light had filled with water after it rained so that had to be replaced. The adaptive head-lights that are supposed to turn as you go around a corner they ended up being "cross eyed" so they replaced the entire passenger side head-light assembly. The memory functions for the seats, radio and steering wheel have never worked properly. Search user rover73 on you tube for my video.

Great Car
By Donselya on 04/05/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought a Westminster edition last January. No problems so far. Very fun to drive and definitely a head turner. I also love the ride quality. Quite expensive though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.