Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE SUV Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

So far, so good!
By Lenny Ferguson

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I researched for months before buying my 2008 Range Rover HSE. I was worried about reliability reviews but there wasn't any other vehicle I wanted. I finally took the plunge and bought an 08 with 105k miles for $17k. I have to say I have been very impressed so far! My other car is a BMW 530i and the driving experience is very different (of course) but the Range Rover has such great character and comfort! I love it so far! I've put about 4000 miles on it in the first 6 weeks and it has averaged 19 miles per gallon with premium gas. My advice is to scrutinize the service history and always get a professional pre-purchase inspection! I nearly bought an 08 supercharged after the test drive, but the pre-purchase inspection showed it needed over $5k in work! Definitely worth the $150 inspection!

Beware
By Trisha

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Transmission and transfer box are not lubricated and the splines will DISCEINGRATE AND LEAVE YOU ANBANDONED ON A death HIGHWAY OR ALL ALONE WHERE THERE IS NO CELL PHONE COVERAGE...KEEP FOOD AND WATER WITH YOU ALL THE TIMEs! And a gun for safety

Love My Rovers
By jshook

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am on my third HSE ('04, '06, '08) and have absolutely loved all of them.
Apparently, I am fortunate in that I have never experience any major maintenance issues.
My only complaint is the $100+ it takes to fill it, but that goes with the territory.
These vehicles are fantastic in all conditions.
I live in the midwest and drive about 30,000 miles per year, so I see my share of nasty conditions including blizzards, ice and torrential rain.
I never worry if I am in the Range Rover.
Keep good tires on the car and it will get you there safely and effortlessly. Regarding interior finish and comfort, it doesn't get better, except on the newer RR's. Buy this vehicle....you won't regret it!

Stability on and off the road and the confidence the vehicle inspires in all conditions. 2008 console redesign a much needed impprovement over the prior years.

A really well-engineered Apple device interface for ipods, iphones and ipads that deals with communication (voice, text, email, data) and music. The screen needs to reflect the apple scree. In fact, just partner with Apple and ave them develop and install a system in the vehicle.

Love my Rover!
By Andy

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife's GMC Denali was climbing in miles and she expressed interest in a Range Rover. I was a bit worried after all of the negative press I heard. After a test drive and a 4 hour conversation w/ the Sales guy at land Rover Guilford (CT), I was sold! We bought a pre-owned 2008 Range Rover, black on tan and loaded w/ every option. We see around 20 MPG on the highway and handling is excellent. Land Rover Guilford was recently awarded the Pinicle Award and they offered a weekend at Land Rover's Driving School in Vermont for their customers. My wife and I went and were blown away at what a "rover" is capable of. Only a few minor glitches but service has resolved them all.

Solid, responsive and simply gorgeous!

Sunroof noise improvement!

Horrible Reliability and Service
By Mike

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Dealerships has had it for the last month and a half trying to fix multiple problems. In the last 4 months it hasn't started about 40% of the time I've had it in my possession. The last two times I have picked it up from the dealership after they have stated they fixed the problems, I've had problems with in one day. Customer Service at Land Rover North America is horrible and won't return phone calls. They also don't provide a rent car when they keep it for weeks at a time.

Make a car that will start.