2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
Love My Rovers
By jshook on 04/24/11 12:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am on my third HSE ('04, '06, '08) and have absolutely loved all of them. Apparently, I am fortunate in that I have never experience any major maintenance issues. My only complaint is the $100+ it takes to fill it, but that goes with the territory. These vehicles are fantastic in all conditions. I live in the midwest and drive about 30,000 miles per year, so I see my share of nasty conditions including blizzards, ice and torrential rain. I never worry if I am in the Range Rover. Keep good tires on the car and it will get you there safely and effortlessly. Regarding interior finish and comfort, it doesn't get better, except on the newer RR's. Buy this vehicle....you won't regret it!

Love my Rover!
By Andy on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife's GMC Denali was climbing in miles and she expressed interest in a Range Rover. I was a bit worried after all of the negative press I heard. After a test drive and a 4 hour conversation w/ the Sales guy at land Rover Guilford (CT), I was sold! We bought a pre-owned 2008 Range Rover, black on tan and loaded w/ every option. We see around 20 MPG on the highway and handling is excellent. Land Rover Guilford was recently awarded the Pinicle Award and they offered a weekend at Land Rover's Driving School in Vermont for their customers. My wife and I went and were blown away at what a "rover" is capable of. Only a few minor glitches but service has resolved them all.

Horrible Reliability and Service
By Mike on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Dealerships has had it for the last month and a half trying to fix multiple problems. In the last 4 months it hasn't started about 40% of the time I've had it in my possession. The last two times I have picked it up from the dealership after they have stated they fixed the problems, I've had problems with in one day. Customer Service at Land Rover North America is horrible and won't return phone calls. They also don't provide a rent car when they keep it for weeks at a time.

08 RR HSE
By HappyHour on 02/02/10 21:17 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Truck is awesome. Surprisingly smooth and stable on highway and then effortlessly trudged through a recent 24" snowfall while my neighbors all watched and applauded. Acceleration is pretty good even in the HSE. We did an aftermarket rear seat DVD and is our biggest gripe. If you need one go with the factory system.

Waste time going back & forwd to dealer
By Lemon on 07/16/09 03:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What the....this guys writing about excellent car seems like from marketing department to counter bad feedback AC leak into interior carpet. Gas suspension dead one after another. Gas pump kaput. Radio/Audio need to be reset by dealer for some strange reason this is just some. Going back and forward to dealer ship like i have free time to burn. Thats why the sales never top BMW or Lexus as a new comer finally I settle with Lexus No Headache at all.

Love this thing
By Thomas M on 06/05/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this thing. It feels very responsive and comfort is second to none. We have put 25,000 miles on this thing since September and have had no problems this far. My previous vehicles were an 08 Cayenne and an 04 Jeep Wrangler. The Rover doesn;t handle as good on the road(its not a porsche) but I feel more at ease knowing I am in one of the best off road vehicles in the market and it is a hell of a lot more comfortable then the Jeep.

LOVE it!
By JDH on 04/11/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Wow, what an amazing car. I love everything about it! Gas mileage is expected, but we knew that going into the purchase. After coming from an 02 LX470 and handing it down to our daughter, this is a definite improvement. By far the nicest car we have ever purchased. Luxury, yes. But, living in AZ, we have taken it off-roading a few times. Very capable as that was what the car was built for. It's too bad that most of these don't leave the pavement and parking lots, owners don't know what they're missing. Have yet to experience the "legendary reliability", as we haven't had one issue yet other than routine maintenance (purchased 6/08). Even so, it can't be worse than our 750li.

after a year, not a single problem...
By iainmc on 04/08/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am very surprised (especially considering my previous experience with a '98 rr hse) that i have not had a single problem with my 2008 rr hse. It's been great.

Worth the Price
By Dr.Vin on 11/14/08 18:33 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Terrific vehicle. Loved my GX470, but the RR HSE is simply another level. Too new to comment on reliability, but so far, it's all good. Interior is far nicer than that of any other vehicle in the segment. Can't wait for foul weather to test the Terrain Response System.

Best over
By Donnie on 10/11/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Owned previous model, 2004 before interior update and this one is the best ever. Even the floor mats exude quality. Fit and finish is probably the best I've seen in a long time. Owned Lexus LX470 and it is just a plastic Toyota upside this vehicle. The constrasting stitching, smooth drivetrain is second to none. Expensive, but worth every penny!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Suv in NJ is:

$247 per month*