2008 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:
Excellent to drive if not for twrrible problems
By bns2013 on 07/02/13 06:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought the 2008 supercharged with 8000kms and have been using it for 1 year now....Done just 25000km as of now. Excellent car to drive but with problems of transmission. Gear change was knocking at low speeds. Took the car twice to the agents but came back saying nothing is wrong wasting my time. Third time, I had to insist them to do a proper check and they found that there were residue in the transmission oil. They changed the full transmission (at least this is what they said) and released the vehicle after keeping it for 10 days. Was driving good for 3 months and then came the problem again. Took it to the agent and they have to replace transmission again..8 days and still with agent...

Love My Rovers
By jshook on 04/24/11 12:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am on my third HSE ('04, '06, '08) and have absolutely loved all of them. Apparently, I am fortunate in that I have never experience any major maintenance issues. My only complaint is the $100+ it takes to fill it, but that goes with the territory. These vehicles are fantastic in all conditions. I live in the midwest and drive about 30,000 miles per year, so I see my share of nasty conditions including blizzards, ice and torrential rain. I never worry if I am in the Range Rover. Keep good tires on the car and it will get you there safely and effortlessly. Regarding interior finish and comfort, it doesn't get better, except on the newer RR's. Buy this vehicle....you won't regret it!

Love my Rover!
By Andy on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife's GMC Denali was climbing in miles and she expressed interest in a Range Rover. I was a bit worried after all of the negative press I heard. After a test drive and a 4 hour conversation w/ the Sales guy at land Rover Guilford (CT), I was sold! We bought a pre-owned 2008 Range Rover, black on tan and loaded w/ every option. We see around 20 MPG on the highway and handling is excellent. Land Rover Guilford was recently awarded the Pinicle Award and they offered a weekend at Land Rover's Driving School in Vermont for their customers. My wife and I went and were blown away at what a "rover" is capable of. Only a few minor glitches but service has resolved them all.

Horrible Reliability and Service
By Mike on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Dealerships has had it for the last month and a half trying to fix multiple problems. In the last 4 months it hasn't started about 40% of the time I've had it in my possession. The last two times I have picked it up from the dealership after they have stated they fixed the problems, I've had problems with in one day. Customer Service at Land Rover North America is horrible and won't return phone calls. They also don't provide a rent car when they keep it for weeks at a time.

08 RR HSE
By HappyHour on 02/02/10 21:17 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Truck is awesome. Surprisingly smooth and stable on highway and then effortlessly trudged through a recent 24" snowfall while my neighbors all watched and applauded. Acceleration is pretty good even in the HSE. We did an aftermarket rear seat DVD and is our biggest gripe. If you need one go with the factory system.

08 Supercharged
By tm on 12/31/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Fourth Range Rover. Supercharged is very powerful with a great drive' look and fit. Nevertheless, terrible reliability!!! Blocks on supercharged not moulded properly. No car for a month while engine repaired. Good warranty but have to spend around $300 at every visit for tire rotation ect. Next problem occured while on interstate as power decreased while in fast lane. Supercharer pump and electrical problem. Unfortunately, dealer where Rover was purchased went out of business and car must be sent 70 miles to nearest dealer. Lots of money for such poor reliability but if near a dealership and admire vehicle, grab one. GREATEST ADVICE, trade before warranty expires!!!!!

Love it
By Jay on 10/10/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have had the car for six months. No issues to speak of. car had a bad window seal which was repaired at purchase. Otherwise, no issues. Car is very quiet and fit and finish is ex excellent. Beutiful and roomy interior. Outstanding sound system. kids love DVD in rear seats. Navigation is easy to use. i don't like voice command. often doesn't understand me. Very fun to drive. Wants to go off- road but is Lexus quiet. Only car that I have had (and I have had some nice vehicles) that I truly enjoy as much now as I did when I purchased it. Hopefully, I will continue to have good luck with it.

The best car ifproblems not existed
By George on 09/29/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love driving this car. The feeling , the interior design and quality, the speed of the supercharce+ 400 bhp, and space are top of the range . but mechnical probelms exists. rover company need to do something about it.

Waste time going back & forwd to dealer
By Lemon on 07/16/09 03:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What the....this guys writing about excellent car seems like from marketing department to counter bad feedback AC leak into interior carpet. Gas suspension dead one after another. Gas pump kaput. Radio/Audio need to be reset by dealer for some strange reason this is just some. Going back and forward to dealer ship like i have free time to burn. Thats why the sales never top BMW or Lexus as a new comer finally I settle with Lexus No Headache at all.

Love this thing
By Thomas M on 06/05/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this thing. It feels very responsive and comfort is second to none. We have put 25,000 miles on this thing since September and have had no problems this far. My previous vehicles were an 08 Cayenne and an 04 Jeep Wrangler. The Rover doesn;t handle as good on the road(its not a porsche) but I feel more at ease knowing I am in one of the best off road vehicles in the market and it is a hell of a lot more comfortable then the Jeep.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.