Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land-rover Range-rover - Consumer Reviews

2008 Land Rover Range Rover

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

Excellent to drive if not for twrrible problems
By bns2013

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought the 2008 supercharged with 8000kms and have been using it for 1 year now....Done just 25000km as of now. Excellent car to drive but with problems of transmission. Gear change was knocking at low speeds. Took the car twice to the agents but came back saying nothing is wrong wasting my time. Third time, I had to insist them to do a proper check and they found that there were residue in the transmission oil. They changed the full transmission (at least this is what they said) and released the vehicle after keeping it for 10 days. Was driving good for 3 months and then came the problem again. Took it to the agent and they have to replace transmission again..8 days and still with agent...

Favorite Features

Good drive....

Suggested Improvements

Reliability....

Love My Rovers
By jshook

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am on my third HSE ('04, '06, '08) and have absolutely loved all of them. Apparently, I am fortunate in that I have never experience any major maintenance issues. My only complaint is the $100+ it takes to fill it, but that goes with the territory. These vehicles are fantastic in all conditions. I live in the midwest and drive about 30,000 miles per year, so I see my share of nasty conditions including blizzards, ice and torrential rain. I never worry if I am in the Range Rover. Keep good tires on the car and it will get you there safely and effortlessly. Regarding interior finish and comfort, it doesn't get better, except on the newer RR's. Buy this vehicle....you won't regret it!

Favorite Features

Stability on and off the road and the confidence the vehicle inspires in all conditions. 2008 console redesign a much needed impprovement over the prior years.

Suggested Improvements

A really well-engineered Apple device interface for ipods, iphones and ipads that deals with communication (voice, text, email, data) and music. The screen needs to reflect the apple scree. In fact, just partner with Apple and ave them develop and install a system in the vehicle.

Love my Rover!
By Andy

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife's GMC Denali was climbing in miles and she expressed interest in a Range Rover. I was a bit worried after all of the negative press I heard. After a test drive and a 4 hour conversation w/ the Sales guy at land Rover Guilford (CT), I was sold! We bought a pre-owned 2008 Range Rover, black on tan and loaded w/ every option. We see around 20 MPG on the highway and handling is excellent. Land Rover Guilford was recently awarded the Pinicle Award and they offered a weekend at Land Rover's Driving School in Vermont for their customers. My wife and I went and were blown away at what a "rover" is capable of. Only a few minor glitches but service has resolved them all.

Favorite Features

Solid, responsive and simply gorgeous!

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof noise improvement!

Horrible Reliability and Service
By Mike

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Dealerships has had it for the last month and a half trying to fix multiple problems. In the last 4 months it hasn't started about 40% of the time I've had it in my possession. The last two times I have picked it up from the dealership after they have stated they fixed the problems, I've had problems with in one day. Customer Service at Land Rover North America is horrible and won't return phone calls. They also don't provide a rent car when they keep it for weeks at a time.

Suggested Improvements

Make a car that will start.

08 RR HSE
By HappyHour

2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Truck is awesome. Surprisingly smooth and stable on highway and then effortlessly trudged through a recent 24" snowfall while my neighbors all watched and applauded. Acceleration is pretty good even in the HSE. We did an aftermarket rear seat DVD and is our biggest gripe. If you need one go with the factory system.

Favorite Features

Luxurious interior, but offroad prowess. Classic exterior look. Roomy and comfortable compared to Sport and LR3.

Suggested Improvements

NAV system is not the most intuitive or accurate. An extended version with third row would be nice.