Used 2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

30,000 mile review
By OC Driver

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I originally leased this vehicle for 30 months for a monthly cost of $1,375 (CA tax). The lease just expired and I bought the car (Chase financing 60 months $840 a month). I had owned Mercedes (E and S class)for 10 years and was nervous about getting into a LR. This has honestly been the most reliable and fulfilling vehicle I have ever owned (which is why I bought out the lease). I've had two problems: electric mirrors got out of alignment (five minute fix) and driver side seat wiring failed (two day drop off). Service experience (Land Rover Newport Beach) is a joy - quick in/out - local Mercedes service was a good hour from drop off to rental car. I am very happy!

Classy styling makes you feel like royalty. Driving position gives you the best view on the road. Love the fact I can use the cheapest gas. Seats are extremely comfortable. LR uses good tires - still running with the first set. Gas mileage has been 18.1 mpg since new - not bad!

More leg room needed in the rear.

Best luxury SUV
By Art

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I personally think this is the best looking SUV, period. The car puts a smile on my face everytime I look at it. I only had 2 minor problems with the car: front passenger headlight was fogging up during rain (dealer replaced it under warranty) and the steering wouldn't auto-decline to preset position when you start the car once in a while (dealer reset the computer and no problems after that).

Design, free maintenance (during warranty period), sound system, exclusivity, and the ability to go anywhere.

From talking to other owners, to improve electronics reliability, I would recommend Land Rover signing a contract with Lexus or Acura and use their car electronics.

HSE
By Jim

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned luxury cars for 10 years. This Is the biggest mistake thus far. I ended up trading my HSE for a 2008 Lexus LS460. Need to work on value and consumer confidence. Those who can spend money will. Please make a better SUV. Better warranty and product.

Love my 2007 HSE
By Marc

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Awesome car, turns heads, fun to drive, easy to operate. Re-sale value is the pits. Averages 15 mpg which is not bad considering how big it is. Awesome boat tower, you will never get stuck on the ramp. Definitely would buy one again. Due to cost of maintenace, makes buying on still in warranty or new very attractive. My only proplem has been defective head & tailight assemblies that fog up. Of course dealers say they are not fogged when you take it in. So take pictures!

Appearnce, ride, go anywhere any time feeling, luxury, easily hauls kids, dogs, boat and more.

Speedo is hard to see thru top of steering wheel, on-road ride height should be lower. Less plastic in the cargo area, thsi is a hauler, the inside should be tough, not scratchable.

Overall very happy w/new 07 Range Rover
By giggyice

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had been driving BMW's for a long time and had always wanted to try a Range Rover. My poor BMW salesman was dissapointed when i didn't buy another 7series, but I just needed to get this Rover out of my system. While it isn't a 7series, it is very luxurious. I am dissapointed with the its sluggish acceleration, the non-powered tailgate, and gas mileage, but other than that I love it! Plenty of headroom, leg room and its great to sit up high!

Interior cabin space, seating position up high, quiet, solid!

Powered tailgate, better gas mileage, and more horsepower without having to buy the supercharged!