Used 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

30,000 mile review
By OC Driver

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I originally leased this vehicle for 30 months for a monthly cost of $1,375 (CA tax). The lease just expired and I bought the car (Chase financing 60 months $840 a month). I had owned Mercedes (E and S class)for 10 years and was nervous about getting into a LR. This has honestly been the most reliable and fulfilling vehicle I have ever owned (which is why I bought out the lease). I've had two problems: electric mirrors got out of alignment (five minute fix) and driver side seat wiring failed (two day drop off). Service experience (Land Rover Newport Beach) is a joy - quick in/out - local Mercedes service was a good hour from drop off to rental car. I am very happy!

Favorite Features

Classy styling makes you feel like royalty. Driving position gives you the best view on the road. Love the fact I can use the cheapest gas. Seats are extremely comfortable. LR uses good tires - still running with the first set. Gas mileage has been 18.1 mpg since new - not bad!

Suggested Improvements

More leg room needed in the rear.

Best luxury SUV
By Art

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I personally think this is the best looking SUV, period. The car puts a smile on my face everytime I look at it. I only had 2 minor problems with the car: front passenger headlight was fogging up during rain (dealer replaced it under warranty) and the steering wouldn't auto-decline to preset position when you start the car once in a while (dealer reset the computer and no problems after that).

Favorite Features

Design, free maintenance (during warranty period), sound system, exclusivity, and the ability to go anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

From talking to other owners, to improve electronics reliability, I would recommend Land Rover signing a contract with Lexus or Acura and use their car electronics.

HSE
By Jim

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned luxury cars for 10 years. This Is the biggest mistake thus far. I ended up trading my HSE for a 2008 Lexus LS460. Need to work on value and consumer confidence. Those who can spend money will. Please make a better SUV. Better warranty and product.

Be Careful What You Ask For
By Gary In Tampa

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This our second Range Rover, moving into this one from a 2006 Sport. Nice power and the ride is a dream. There are all of the nice things that you expect on a RRSC, but hold on to your hats if you expect all of the bells and whistles to actually work. Expect multiple computer failures and electronics not to work properly. Plan on knowing your service manager on a first name basis. When everything works, there is no better.

Favorite Features

Excellent power in the SC engine. Smooth ride and premium materials.

Suggested Improvements

Engineer the electronics and have a solution for field failures before LR releases the vehicle to the public. Better tire replacement selection (replacements are only OEM)

Love my 2007 HSE
By Marc

2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Awesome car, turns heads, fun to drive, easy to operate. Re-sale value is the pits. Averages 15 mpg which is not bad considering how big it is. Awesome boat tower, you will never get stuck on the ramp. Definitely would buy one again. Due to cost of maintenace, makes buying on still in warranty or new very attractive. My only proplem has been defective head & tailight assemblies that fog up. Of course dealers say they are not fogged when you take it in. So take pictures!

Favorite Features

Appearnce, ride, go anywhere any time feeling, luxury, easily hauls kids, dogs, boat and more.

Suggested Improvements

Speedo is hard to see thru top of steering wheel, on-road ride height should be lower. Less plastic in the cargo area, thsi is a hauler, the inside should be tough, not scratchable.